SOLVED: Fragment Nine: Galifanx

There’s a constellation named Draco. And an observatory might ‘see what we cannot’ ‘all the great lights combined’. This might tie back to that observatory?

6 Likes

Not sure if this is relevant, but the north pole of the sun’s ecliptic is in Draco.

2 Likes

Could also be a telescope, like a specific one? Because that could be what actually does the “seeing”

4 Likes

I think you might be on to something

3 Likes

We should probably piece together that story. It looks like it’s not missing words and they story just flows around the holes. It’s giving me a headache at this particular second though, I’ll type it up into a more coherent form in a couple hours when I’m in the comfort of home.

3 Likes

Wasn’t there previously a series of disks that we recieved? Didn’t they go unsolved? Perhaps they are relevant?

@Robert before you mentioned that maybe we have to put something in the holes.

4 Likes

So, what we’re theorizing so far is:

Thirteen volumes, the foundation of our universe until a revolution changed our position.
Euclid’s Elements

At the whim of the master clock, Shepherd Gate shows all time. And in the courtyard the Astronomer Royal observes from here.
Greenwich Observatory?

Because of the tenth there now are eight. When Xena fell, discord rose in her place
The dwarf planet Eris (or perhaps planets/the solar system in general)
What sees what we cannot? A giant, a Titan, a dragon, and all great light combined?
A telescope (great equatorial telescope)

Three ancient stones mark the midwinter’s sunset, their faces toward Corra Bheinn and the mountain of the sound.
The standing stones at Ballochroy, Kintyre

Borne from Ida to serve the wine, who waits in the celestial court between the whale and the eagle?
Aquarius

Is this accurate or did I misunderstand something?

7 Likes

This is slightly off topic, but can we just talk about how it is Lauren Ellsworth who gave us this? Like THE Lauren Ellsworth? Like Lauren “The New Cagliostro” Ellsworth? Like Lauren “Now Has a Few Centuries Worth of Power Coursing Through Her Veins” Ellsworth?

Maybe we didn’t tick her off too much? Seems like a pretty powerful friend to have in the event we need a powerful friend

9 Likes

Ticking her off or not, I’m sure she has a completely new perspective on everything now that she’s got all of that power. You make a good point though; she would be a powerful ally if she were interested in helping us for some reason.

3 Likes

Definitely interesting. Though I don’t like the ominous “I hope you find what you’re looking for, and have as few regrets as possible.” She can probably look in to the future like Cags could, and likely sees that we aren’t on a good path (y’know like Brandon said about the dark storms coming).

5 Likes

This is going to be interesting as it can be.

how many disks did we receive during fragment 4?

also i noticed that it’s 6 holes, for the 6 guilds?

4 Likes

come back from lunch to find that not only is the game afoot, but you all have pretty much already figured it out!

@grimangel53 that’s an interesting point about the six “holes.” And now that we have the Guild Compass, we know which “hole” belongs to which Guild. that is IF the holes correspond to the Guild Compass (and that’s IF they’re representative of the Guilds at all).

5 Likes

I’m still far from home, and I must go for now, but I am thrilled to have been here for the start of this (part of the) mystery!

Best of luck to you all, and I’ll see you guys soonish!

7 Likes

Have a safe trip @Chordie. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So there’s this guy http://www.greek-gods.org/titans/crius.php
He’s not a constellation, but neither is Iris. Both have strong connections to heavenly events, but that feels like reaching.
And Orion was a giant. Orion (constellation) - Wikipedia
Draco was honestly the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the word dragon.

3 Likes

Right now I am seeing if there is some connection to Ptolemy. Ptolemy discovered/named/whatever you do with constellations both Orion and Draco, so I am seeing if there is a Titan in the list and maybe “all great light combined”.

4 Likes

Ptolemy also wrote 13 books about math/astronomy - Almagest

8 Likes

MYTHOLOGY
my time has come.

5 Likes

The more I am reading up on Ptolemy and the Almagest, I think that may be our 13 volumes. Ptolemy held a geocentric view (The Earth is the center of the Universe) and this was described in the Almagest, until the scientific revolution changed our views on the matter

11 Likes

So…you guys are quick. Just got an email saying a fragment was found, but I don’t see anything here to indicate who found it and how. Wha happened?

5 Likes