SOLVED: Fragment Nine: Galifanx

I made that bold, yes, sorry.

2 Likes

Damn, I got super excited xD

2 Likes

Thirteen volumes could be something by Euclid on math?

6 Likes

Aquarius was Ganymede, a shepherd on Mount Ida, until Jupiter fell in love with him and turned him into a bird and made him the Olympian cup-bearer.

6 Likes

That sounds like it fits perfectly.

3 Likes

Not sure since I am new to this but could the numbers on the bottom of the pages be times on the sheperds clock?

2 Likes

Ok forget that there are no M s on the clock!

4 Likes

The wikipedia article makes mention of several famous astronomers being inspired by those treatises (“Scientists Nicolaus Copernicus, Johannes Kepler, Galileo Galilei, and Sir Isaac Newton were all influenced by the Elements, and applied their knowledge of it to their work”). The “revolution” mentioned might be the new understanding of space/the universe?

4 Likes

The roman numerals have appeared in each of the documents that showed up first in each key. We’re not sure what they mean yet, so try every idea. They’re all worth checking out!

Also, I’m updating the wiki at the top of this thread with the clues we’re whittling down for each of lines, since this is moving so fast. Anyone can edit the top page if you have better ideas.

6 Likes

The roman numerals are probably related to this which we’ve yet to figure out.

The numbers are:
First page - 955.981.993.1007.1011
Second page - 1089.1128.1132.1139

Same pattern of increasing numbers… huh

6 Likes

Ganymede is also Jupiter’s largest moon.

(And Bastion’s bird, but I get the feeling that’s not relevant ;p)

5 Likes

Going off of the Roman mythology front, could the giant, Titan, dragon, and “all great light” have to do with that as well? I know that there are at least giants and Titans in Greek mythology, and the light reference could be towards a rainbow, and possibly the goddess Iris?

5 Likes

So we have two references to planets now potentially.

There are 6 “clues” for lack of a better word.

There are 6 circles cut out from the text provided.

I wonder if we’re supposed to find 6 round things? 6 planets maybe? 6 Frisbees?

4 Likes

Could the Shepherd’s Gate, Astronomer Royal clue point us to the Royal Observatory, Greenwich?

Shepherd’s Gate Clock is situated there and the Astronomer Royal was a position there

4 Likes

Can it please be pancakes? I like pancakes.

5 Likes

I’m liking this.

Speaking of connections to space, @Keegan, all I could find for Iris was an asteroid and this nebula

3 Likes

Space! Finally, something I’m good at and know about! Though, sadly I have other business to attend to, so don’t solve everything without me :wink:

5 Likes

The other thing is the giant/Titan/dragon might be constellations/stars too, with the great light as the north star? I know nothing about constellations, so I’m bad at googling them too XD

2 Likes

Also, the Titan could be referring to Uranus, who is the Roman equivalent to Cronos and the planet in our solar system, which is also an ice giant.

However, that ice giant part may be a bit too far out there…

3 Likes

This seems likely. The main problem is that Greek mythology, if we are confining ourselves to it, has a distinct lack of dragons. We do, however, have Typhon (in some depictions), hydras, and other serpents.

2 Likes