SOLVED: Fragment Nine: Galifanx

Am I imagining things?

I went looking to see if anything else had changed anywhere. If you load up this page and refresh. Does anyone else see anything strange? Like…a number?

• Thirteen volumes, the foundation of our universe until a revolution changed our position. - Almagest
  • At the whim of the master clock, Shepherd Gate shows all time. And in the courtyard the Astronomer Royal observes from here. - Prime Meridian
  • Because of the tenth there now are eight. When Xena fell, discord rose in her place. - Eris
  • What sees what we cannot? A giant, a Titan, a dragon, and all great light combined? -Cassini
  • Three ancient stones mark the midwinter’s sunset, their faces toward Corra Bheinn and the mountain of the sound. - Ballochroy
  • Borne from Ida to serve the wine, who waits in the celestial court between the whale and the eagle? - Aquarius
6 Likes

Whoa. Looks like the game is afoot.

3 Likes

Well there goes my observation check. There’s a button on the page.

http://thecagliostro.com/i-believe-this-is-for-you/

4 Likes

Oooo here we go.

I recently found an envelope in the book I borrowed from the library. I believe it’s meant for you, The Mountaineers. Since I have no use for it, and I now know your intentions, I believe you should have the envelope and its contents.

These passages were written on the envelope:
Thirteen volumes, the foundation of our universe until a revolution changed our position.
At the whim of the master clock, Shepherd Gate shows all time. And in the courtyard the Astronomer Royal observes from here.
Because of the tenth there now are eight. When Xena fell, discord rose in her place.
What sees what we cannot? A giant, a Titan, a dragon, and all great light combined?
Three ancient stones mark the midwinter’s sunset, their faces toward Corra Bheinn and the mountain of the sound.
Borne from Ida to serve the wine, who waits in the celestial court between the whale and the eagle?

And these pages were inside:

I hope you find what you’re looking for, and have as few regrets as possible.
Yours Faithfully,
LE

3 Likes
Thirteen volumes, the foundation of our universe until a revolution changed our position.
At the whim of the master clock, Shepherd Gate shows all time. And in the courtyard the Astronomer Royal observes from here.
Because of the tenth there now are eight. When Xena fell, discord rose in her place.
What sees what we cannot?  A giant, a Titan, a dragon, and all great light combined?
Three ancient stones mark the midwinter’s sunset, their faces toward Corra Bheinn and the mountain of the sound.
Borne from Ida to serve the wine, who waits in the celestial court between the whale and the eagle?
3 Likes

Shepherd Gate - Shepherd Gate Clock - Wikipedia

2 Likes

its number 33, that’s cool

2 Likes

2 Likes

What sees what we cannot? A giant, a Titan, a dragon, and all great light combined?

5 Likes

Speaking of astronomy…

“Because of the tenth there now are eight,” and “When Xena fell, discord rose in her place” might be related as such:

Xena is another name for the dwarf planet Eris (Eris is the goddess of discord). There were originally believed to be 9 planets including Pluto (in our solar system). Eris was found to appear bigger than Pluto, which would have made it the tenth planet. However, the definition of a planet was made/revised due to Eris/Xena, and dwarf planets were coined. Thus, instead of ten planets, we have only eight.

Edit
Fun fact: Because it was simply known as Planet X at first, and nomenclature of celestial bodies is dependent on what type of body they are, astronomers named it Xena after the titular character from Xena: Warrior Prrincess

7 Likes

I wonder if each line is a location or a hint or a step.

This line above references Corra Bheinn

And the Mountain of the Sound, otherwise known as Beinn a’Chaolais

And The ancient three stones mark midwinter’s sunset must reference some standing stones somewhere.

2 Likes

Standing Stones here - Standing Stones - The Isle of Mull

Dervaig cemetery has three

4 Likes

Way ahead of me as usual. :wink:

3 Likes

Seems a little far away though, based on the map I’m looking at

2 Likes

Likely a reference to constellations. Taking a look now.

5 Likes

The whale Cetus is in the northern hemisphere, Aquila the eagle is on the equator.
Aquarius lies between them.

6 Likes

Ursa Minor aka the Little Dipper (for the wine reference maybe) - “Ursa Minor is usually associated with two different myths. In one, the constellation represents Ida, the nymph who took care of Zeus on the island of Crete when he was small” http://www.constellation-guide.com/constellation-list/ursa-minor-constellation/

5 Likes

So, references to time, astronomy, astrology, and locations so far?

“A giant, a titan, a dragon, and all great light combined”

Sounds like more mythological stuff to me. Do we have all of these in constellations or should we be digging into (presumably Greek) legends?

4 Likes

Okay, new plan. These stones seem to link these two locations somehow.

Ballochroy, Kintyre

At midwinter this points to Cara island.

The site was first scientifically surveyed by Alexander Thom, who demonstrated that the stone alignment to the southwest indicates the setting position of the sun over the west end of Cara island at midwinter, about 1800 BC. The view to Cara island from the stones is presently obscured by a plantation and the drawing shows the view to the close southwest horizon.

Cora Bheinn

The flat face of the central stone (at right angles to the alignment) indicates the mountain of Cora Bheinn, on the island of Jura, which is 30 km away.

The Mountain of the Sound - Ben a’Chaolais

The shortest stone also faces across the alignment, and points to Ben a’Chaolais, the southernmost of the four Paps of Jura. The sun setting here would have given warning of the approach of the solstice.

8 Likes

Was that all bold before?

2 Likes