Second Magimystic Assessment is here!

I believe thats what I used yes. Just make sure your Es and Ws are straight. I kept going the wrong way at times.

2 Likes

Ah, I did it! Just mixed up the names of two similar animals, but now I’m a journeycaster!

Take that, tetrahedron! Your blasted geometries can’t fool me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

Congrats @Revenir!! Nicely done

5 Likes

You guys are so so so amazing! Well done! I just went back and did the assessment based on what you guys figured out, and I was able to turn the key as well. Sorry that I’ve been MIA (busy with midterms), hopefully I’ll be more help on the next one.

Can’t wait for Phase 3!

7 Likes

WOOT. MORE PEOPLE ARE TURNING THE KEY!

I have to ask though, was I the first to turn it?
if so, thats really cool! if not, we still are getting that key turned!

4 Likes

like hopefully im more active during the fragments this time.

3 Likes

Yeah see, I’m still lost. Like, I really don’t get this at all… :smile: I see the directions, the traits, but I wouldn’t know the first thing on what to do! No key turning for me! :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

you’ll get there. it IS a three dimensional puzzle that requires a small amount of lateral thinking, so its a bit difficult, but i believe you can do it!

3 Likes

@grimangel53 You were the first person to say they have. You very likely were the first yes. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

COOL!

its rare for me to be the first on many things, so thats neat
How goes Mr. Historian?

3 Likes

MORNING CAPTAIN! How are you today!?

1 Like

@TheBellsAreRinging - Is there any way we could help you? I can try to break down some things you don’t understand. I did a little guide as well that’s further up, dunno if that would help.

The leap of faith thing is kind of confusing, but it should only be necessary two times - where you have to move to a seemingly north or south piece to advance. We’ve talked about one of those times (the infamous horse piece) and you may be able to ascertain the other time by reading our conversations.

3 Likes

It’s good to see that you guys are making progress. I dunno if it’s the leap of faith or I’m just missing something, but I can’t seem to do this :I

2 Likes

Are you at least getting some kind of answer? Or is the concern in the process itself?

2 Likes

The process seems straightforward enough, at least as far as what everyone has agreed on. All the same, I keep running into inconsistencies/dead ends, and pretty much exclusively with the first question. That said, I don’t know if I’m correct with the other three, since there’s no feedback, but I’m confident in them all the same.

1 Like

it pretty much comes down to figuring out the order, and once you have it, figuring out how the movements are possible. 3-d spatial reasoning is a fairly difficult thing to wrap your head around, unless you’re literally holding a copy of it.

just keep trying and soon you’ll get it.
read out the posts with bolded words farther up and it should help with the list building.
and if you have an idea of how the movements work, then go from the list and try it out.

we are here to help, though we cant say too much, due to the rules of the test.

2 Likes

I think it really is just the leap of faith that’s confusing me. Everything makes logical sense, but leads to an impossible situation.I dunno. I’ll keep trying.

1 Like

Some hints for the first question -

• The leap of faith is the one we spoke of here. It’s the only one you should need to do for that question.
  • The said “leap of faith” is just choosing a north or south piece when you otherwise wouldn’t. You use it when there’s no other option to. Ignore catty corner pieces.
  • There is a second one that might seem to be, but it isn’t. It’s just at a weird angle. It’s kind of similar to the discussion we had here.
5 Likes

Keep asking questions if you have them though, we can try our best to answer them (without being transmogrified, of course :wink:)

3 Likes

if its the horse, the leap is a lateral thought. the way it’s laid out, you have a north piece and an east piece, and one in between, which would logically make it the NE piece.

so start there!

4 Likes