Second Magimystic Assessment is here!

This should help a lot!

And I really wouldn’t want any of our awesome community running around as frogs on my behalf D: :frog:

5 Likes

:frog::frog::frog::frog::frog::frog::frog:

ribbit ribbit

6 Likes

Still nothing after a few more tries. Did we ever get confirmation on distracted?

2 Likes

The full list of traits is here. Distracted is Gossmere. :slight_smile:

Oh, another thing that might help - make sure you’re getting the silhouettes right. I know that sounds silly, but it tripped me up big time. Some of the pieces look quite similar to each other.

5 Likes

This is a VERY important thing to keep in mind. I can’t tell you how many times I thought I was looking at one kind of animal only to realize later it was something completely different.

6 Likes

Anyone check the book of briars site? (http://bookofbriars.com). Looks like we might have done it. Click the book behind to see the pages

And the lock is unlocked as well

5 Likes

Congrats everyone! Everyone definitely worked hard for this one.

6 Likes

Really good work! This got a bit rocky at points, but you guys and gals are the best

5 Likes

Great job, guys!!! You are awesome, I have no idea how you discovered all of this :slight_smile:
Just got the key as well :wink:

5 Likes

Aaahh. I’ve figured out the second and the third questions, I think I’ve figured out the first one, but the last is stumping me. What are the directions around the lemur guy?__

4 Likes

From the Lemur you can move
SW - Octopus
NW - Antelope
NE- Camel
SE - Saki

4 Likes

I just discovered everything today and I was super excited to get involved, but visual puzzles are my Achille’s heel. I also am not good with cardinal directions. If I can’t solve this puzzle, will I be able to participate in later ones? I’m seriously about to cry from being so frustrated at my own incompetence right now.

5 Likes

Oh honey don’t worry about that! I was completely unable to understand and complete this particular puzzle successfully. Though, I’ve helped complete others in the past. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses around here! Its all just fine. Enough people have been able to do it, so we were able to move on! You absolutely can participate in future puzzles, absolutely!! Not all of them are strictly visual either, so don’t be upset :heart:

4 Likes

Like Bells so eloquently stated, you are free to join in any time! I’m rather rubbish with puzzles myself so I stay mostly by the Campfire, but I help when I can.

3 Likes

We all have our areas we can use help in, @hannahc. That’s why we’re in this together. If this were up to any of us alone, we wouldn’t be nearly as far as we would be. Well, except for @AlisonB. She’s a machine, I’m sure of it.

And welcome aboard!

3 Likes

Hey, welcome to the forums!

Please don’t feel bad if you can’t solve the puzzle! There will be two more magimystical assessments in the future, plus we have eight more fragments to find. There’s lots more puzzles to solve that might be better suited to your skillset, or other non-puzzle ways to contribute. :slight_smile:

If you’re wanting to get involved right now, there’s other things to do - like making guild art or theories, or helping compile some of the information we’ve learned throughout the different fragments. Even spreading the word about the Magiq-verse can help - hell, one time I just posted a bunch of Reddit threads and that was contributing. So if you ever feel like the current puzzle isn’t your style, just know there’s lots of other things to do around the Basecamp.

4 Likes

I joined after this assessment too! Everyone is waiting for the 9th fragment to drop so don’t worry. I’m sure you’ll be lots of help!

6 Likes