Second Magimystic Assessment is here!

$#@%#@%#$%#%#$!!

Fine…I’ll keep working on it.

4 Likes

Haha, omg, I love you Endri. :joy: If you get transmogrified, I’ll give the book a good trouncing.

4 Likes

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!

Finally! Wow, was this rough. I don’t think there’s anyway we could have done this without teamwork. I just completed the assessment but it says we still need more, so if you’re struggling, stick with it. We’ll help you all that we can.

And we haven’t been turned into toads!

3 Likes

:frog: Ribbit

I am kidding. But yes, I am definitely down to help everyone in anyway I can. The first one I would say is definitely the trickiest. As grimangel put it, there is a “leap of faith”, but I think if you pay attention to the directions coming after, it should help

And Congrats @Mike!! I probably should have listened a few days ago, and we could have started sharing sooner.

4 Likes

So…we ignore the rules of the piece we’re on to do a ‘leap of faith’ and we should assume the rules for the piece we’re leaping to apply?

I’m not good with ‘leaps of faith’. I don’t think this is going to work out.

4 Likes

I realize the irony in my post now…

4 Likes

It’s the thought that counts. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m trying as well, but am equally not so great with leaps of faith. :sweat: But I don’t want to give up on this! :rage:

5 Likes

Question for you guys…Is there backtracking in this? Because I got duplicate animals in the paths of like two of these.

Also, if you can think of ways to more clearly explain these leaps of faith, that wouldn’t hurt either. :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Yes, there is backtracking. I don’t think you should be afraid if you get the same animal in a path. Also, I will try to better explain the leaps and throw it in an edit on this post. I will tag you in it so you know it is up though

7 Likes

Please, don’t give up. Chances are you’re almost there. I realized that even with all of my misaligned words, I still originally had three of the four animals correct.

As for the leap of faith, there is one piece where, according to the rules, should only have an E or W possibility. HOWEVER, in this one case, it follows the angle of the tetrahedron. If you look at @Revenir and @grimangel53 previous “spoiler” posts you’ll see the Book is guiding us. So all the answers are here in this thread. You will have to backtrack on occasion and there is that “leap of faith,” but if you follow the path, you’ll get there. It’s worth it. Please don’t give up.

3 Likes

Ok, so if I’m understanding this correctly, we’re meant to go to the piece that would normally be considered north of the ‘leap’ piece? Because I was going catty corner to the piece, which would have required another ‘leap’ immediately after.

5 Likes

Well I finally guessed correctly. I’m not going to make much of a victory bow after attempt 83 though.

And yes @Revenir The ‘leap of faith’ is only required once.

5 Likes

You still get a congrats though. So congrats!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

CAPTAIN FROGGY!

For real though, i think everyone just got a bit confused about the whole jumping situation.
it is a little frustrating, but with the book bolding things and making it easier to correlate the words, it was only a small logic hop. at least for me anyway.

2 Likes

agreed. it’s one piece that requires that intuitive logic hop to get to. and thats going to be the problematic one. but, it does proc the idea of intuition in the test, so im less-inclined to be angry at the book.

2 Likes

I’m messing up somewhere, just not sure where…

Dumb question, but the elephant is limited to the northwest, southwest, and east directions, right?

4 Likes

Yes, the elephant is NW, SW and E

2 Likes

Hmm… I’ve somehow bungled the second question then. :sweat: I think I’m gonna go take a break, maybe if I look at this later, I’ll figure out what I’ve messed up.

3 Likes

Ok, so there’s no more “leaps of faith” required except for the first one? I keep looking over the path and it leads me to the same thing.

Maybe I should make sure I have this right. These are the correct traits?

Ebenguard –
Balanced, Determined, Integrous, Judgmental, Reserved, Righteous, Strong

Weatherwatch –
Brave, Courageous, Careless, Nomadic, Passionate, Unpredictable

Balimora –
Indifferent, Wild

Flinterforge –
Clever, Hard-working, Industrious

Gossmere –
Compassionate, Distracted, **Emotional, Friendly, Joyous, Nurturing, Warm

Thornmouth –
Cold, Methodical, Studious, Wise