Meta Guild Bearing Discussion!

makes me think about how they manage Pantheon magiq in SCION. simply put, they show how each pantheon can do things like Shapeshift, but certain ones are better at it. (The theoi are REALLY good at it.)

I love this. and It really shows how my mixed guild-ness makes sense.
I’m solar bearing in Ebenguard, the lunar horizon guild.
I love this, because the bearings give us a bit more information.
The bearings for my guilds outside my main also map to that same feeling as the Shoalwarden.
which is perfect.

CJB, you’ve done quite a magiqal thing here.
Thank you.

edit: As i’ve gone through posts, i kinda came ot the realization that my being a Shoalwarden Ebbie kinda takes in the points of the other guilds i match with to a degree.
Weatherwatch, Gossmere, and Flinterforge.
They create, work with people, and create their true balance.
They present forward, bearing light, and solving problems.
I am a Shoalwarden. plain and simple.

17 Likes

So there was a minor misspelling for one of the guild bearing affinities, so I updated the result and tweaked two posts here on the forum. :cjtea:

19 Likes

I can’t wait to see what the OOW explanations and history has to offer to the overall interpretation of the bearings! They are so beautifully written and I cannot wait to learn more.

I want to echo what Remus has said, as a Celestant-bearing Weatherwatch, I feel like I am home and like you have read my soul. I love a good quest, but I am constantly investigating the “why” and “how” of the adventure.

I don’t know if this is the right place for this, but the solution including page numbers has me intrigued. Do we know what can be found on the odd pages of the guide (after page 73)? Is there more to the guide that we have yet to discover?

16 Likes

I think in the print version, each Guild description takes up 2 pages. So the odd numbers are just the second part of a guild description, not anything too mysterious. Sorry!

13 Likes

Also, the expense of pins has not stopped me designing this potential…tattoo, maybe?

23 Likes

Eraverane and Diaphane. Wow.

7 Likes

To be clear, everyone only has one bearing. The one you see when you initially get redirected to your result. Each guild’s bearings are all on one page but you get redirected to one. :cjheart:

19 Likes

Can I just say, bravo @CJB on your naming of things? The names of the Guilds and the bearings have such a right sound to them. My worldbuilder brain is impressed and happy.

19 Likes

I love the way the bearings make way for the people who are of many guilds by bringing aspects of each into the way we look at our guild

13 Likes

I’m fairly new on the forums so you might not really know me yet but I wanted to offer some free design work for the bearings. The line drawing style of the current iconography is one of my favorites to work in. I’ve done a bit of logo and icon design work and this seems like a great chance to continue improving my skills. If they don’t end up being used for any products that’s totally fine but I’d love to do them for the community. Let me know what you think! @CJB

21 Likes

That’s a very kind offer. We’d love to see what you come up with!!

14 Likes

So I just realized that a (stylized) version of the eclipse symbol is in the middle of the Chronocompass…

23 Likes

How did that not come up sooner… quite the puzzle solvers we are.

12 Likes

It’s a little all over the place but thoughts?

21 Likes

Here’s a waaaay cleaner version as well but just has that blank space on either side

20 Likes

Um that looks amazing :deirdreexcited: I wanna see all 18 now :deirdrexd:

14 Likes

Just give me ideas for any you want done and I totally can!

17 Likes

@Corkus For Anivaeus, the Balimora Eclipse bearing I could see a ground of bones and ferns, or bones with ferns along the top edge, combining death and life. Above, where you have the constellations, I’d recommend Libra, because Anivaeus is about balance and internal sight, unbiased and impartial.

12 Likes

Along the lines of what @BairnSidhe suggested, I’d be really interested to see what you could do with… I hope this isn’t too morbid, someone slap me if it is… Like… A seedling growing out of a skull/skeleton? It’s a little “on the nose”, but part of what really struck me in the Anivaeus Bearing is that “even here, life and death must be in balance”.
I may also be a little sentimental since my skull bead prayer necklace broke yesterday and so now I want to see skulls everywhere :skull:

12 Likes

Oh I think that’s lovely, @Hekate. Maybe one dark and one light from each eye? Like a baby version of the Tree in our Guild symbol.

11 Likes