Meta Guild Bearing Discussion!

I definitely want to include either parts or all of the guild logos in each one to tie it back to the guilds! (Also @CJB if you have vector files for the guild logos it’d be immensely helpful)

Also final on this one I think

20 Likes

That’s stunning @Corkus!!!

11 Likes

Here comes another one hot off the presses

I know @Louisa was excited for this one

Also @CJB let me know if you want the vector files for some merch stuff

20 Likes

:heart_eyes: Corkus, it looks so good!!! I want a button! :heart:

10 Likes

@Belladonna This is you right?

17 Likes

Yes! That’s amazing @Corkus!

9 Likes

Okay, so I am new here. I am not even finished with TMP: Flora & Fauna. I have seen multiple discussions/threads/conversations about Guild Bearings and was unsure what those were or how to find them(all mentions of them I saw were vague and didn’t really explain how to gain access to them).

To get to the point, I feel like I cheated the system in my means of finding my Bearing. I have been trying to figure out what I was missing in my search of my Guild Bearing. As I said, I am currently reading Flora & Fauna, and I just read the few chapters pertaining to King Rabbit and the Book of Briars website. It gave me the idea to just add “guild-bearing” to the end of the url for The Guide to Magiq. And thus, I found the part of the Guide that determines your Guild Bearing. Being shown that my Bearing is that of a Corrilave Flinterforge, I was ecstatic because it made total sense, as much, if not more than when I was placed in Flinterforge. I am glad that I finally know, it seemed like a piece of myself I was somehow missing or lost only to rediscover. Hopefully I didn’t actually cheat myself and the Guide out of a journey I was supposed to take because I was too impatient to wait for it to begin.

TL;DR Did I cheat at finding my Guild Bearing by adding to The Guide to Magiq url? Was I destined to find it by other means? If so, blame the Book of Briars website in Flora & Fauna, it gave me the idea, and I thought I was being resourceful…

-Zephyr

17 Likes

Not a cheat at all! I love that you used the Flora/Fauna methodology to find it!

16 Likes

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, as I know I’ve only been here a month or so.

The guild bearings were discovered a month ish ago, when I first joined, via a puzzle in the Search for Magiq storyline. So the URL you discovered has only been around about that long. If you hadn’t found it like you did, you likely would have found it after finishing The Monarch Papers AND catching up with the forum threads after that. So you would have read how the Mountaineers solved that puzzle and just clicked the link.

I think the way you found it - by tinkering with the URL - is perfectly valid, and honestly kinda neat. It sounds particularly Flinter like as well, if I may say so.

TLDR: You’re good. And clearly in the correct guild. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Seconding everything Louisa said. From one Flinter to another, “I’m gonna plug it in and see what happens!” is the biggest mood in my life. :joy:

16 Likes

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I wanted to share something I found earlier today about. I was retaking the Myers-Briggs for the umpteenth time, and I found this quote in the write up for the ENFP type:

I felt like this really aligned with me, both as an anthropology student and as a Celestant bearing Weatherwatch. While social relationships aren’t exactly the philosphical bent that is described in the Celestant description, it does connect my own interests with anthropology and human behavior to my bearing. It was just something cool I wanted to share!

19 Likes