Meta Guild Bearing Discussion!

I definitely felt that the bearing I got satisfied some of my more Thornmouth-y tendencies what with the collecting and sharing stories about the natural world aspect, so… success!

14 Likes

That makes me so happy to hear!

12 Likes

I sort of want to echo what’s been said above. I’ve identified as a Weathermere for well over a year now because I never quite felt complete as just a Weatherwatch. But my bearing has helped me better reorient myself in the guild, if that makes sense?

I wouldn’t say that I would describe Celestant as a mix between Weatherwatch and Gossmere; honestly, I think that the philosophical search for understanding and meaning almost feels more Thornmouth than anything else. But as I’ve reflected on it, my Celestant bearing does resonate with Gossmere which is itself also a guild of understanding. Gossmere understands the call of something bigger, and it also seeks to understand others. And I think those two things are very much in line Celestant-bearing Watchers. My bearing has made me feel closer to my guild than ever, and as much as I lament the end if my time as a self-identified Weathermere, I’m even more excited to understand what it means for a Celestant like me to be, well, me!

20 Likes

I’m working on a bigger post about the guild bearings and their loooooooong oow history, but it makes me SO happy to hear your reactions and thoughts on them.

24 Likes

:cjheart:
I’m so ready to hear about how you came up with these…

13 Likes

Ooooooo I can’t wait to see it!

9 Likes

Oh also are we getting guild bearing pins for each guild? :eyes: Like I’d love to see how the bearing logos and the guild logo look together and if each guild bearing logo looks different depending on the guild?

(I have so many questions :joy:)

17 Likes

We thought about commissioning variations of guild badges to rep each bearing but with 18 of them (the magic number) the cost would be… a lot. Much more than we can manage at the moment.

Maybe someday!

20 Likes

If you handled them as pre-orders and therefore had the money upfront would that make it easier?

9 Likes

Absolutely, we did that for the original six guild badges. Our only speed bump is that the cost to develop, design, and manufacture a single pin is about $400-$600. :grimacing:

We love pins and definitely want to do more with pins and the guilds, so stay tuned. :cjheart:

14 Likes

Oh man that’s a shame, I hope in the future you do more pins as we absolutely love them!

(Also just wanna add that you could always try Kickstarter?)

9 Likes

Any chance we can see the art even if we can’t get pins? I’m so in love with my bearing and guild that I’d like to know what the logo for both together would be.

12 Likes

I don’t think he has commission the art for them yet as that also costs quite a bit

9 Likes

I do remember that the minimum order for any one design has to be 100… So multiply that by 18 designs…

9 Likes

That’s fair. Hope just springs eternal. I guess I’ll be over here doodling fanart…

13 Likes

What about the sun / eclipse / moon symbols as pins instead? I’d definitely wear that as a minimalistic reference :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Thats still 1200$ of designing alone

8 Likes

Design for 18 variants would be at the absolute minimum $2,000, realistically closer to $4k. But I think we could definitely whip something up with the variants of the sun/moon/eclipse.

14 Likes

Ouch true…

If it ever gets put in the store it’ll be enough of an excuse for me to buy the other pins as well haha

9 Likes

you’re absolutely insane. I know literally no other human being who would go so far for his fans. I hope you know how much we appreciate you.

16 Likes