Ilya stumbled through the woods with a bright and beaming smile on her face

Could you draw around/trace it on A4 maybe?
Also put a piece of paper over the surface and rub with the side of a pencil? Might highlight any etchings, or markings on it that are harder to see.

Kinda hoping that you’ll be able to upload photos of the trace and that will give us a better idea of scale in lieu of actual photos

16 Likes

It’s kind of out of my knowledge sphere since it’s made of metal; most of my knowledge around spearheads relates to stone projectile points.

I’m also assuming it’s not the Spear of Destiny, but I agree with @Sapphire that we should try tracing it to help identify the type of spearhead.

13 Likes

This is the closest likeness that I can find on Google, but without the handle. There aren’t any significant markings other than the layers of dirt and rust, so tracing just ends up looking like a weird skinny triangle but doesn’t show much else.

17 Likes

Since so much of our past work has been centered around directions, the chronocompass, etc. here’s a andom thought: Find it’s center of mass, tie a string around it and hang it (or hold it steady) and see if it tends to favor pointing in any given direction.

17 Likes

We gone through so many objects over the course of this adventure…is there anything left at the office that’s a bit magiq? Maybe try putting it next to one of those things and seeing if it does anything? But also I like @Robert’s compass idea…any way we could make it portable in case it takes you on a walking tour of the city like Cole went through?

16 Likes

The Compass Idea is good, and I have just the thing for it!

This should help with that! It’s a newly forged Finding Sigil!
I figured I’d give you something you could use to help in the pursuit of finding what is needed.
maybe it can help with the other things!

Also, The spear head does look like a Pilum head to a degree, if its anything like that picture!

Best of luck Catherine!

EDIT: Lordy is it good to be back on the forum. I’ve been a bit…out of touch due to life circumstances.

16 Likes

Here’s what we have been given or acquired at this point (I’ll update as we get more information)

Coordinates

• 24°04’36.3"N 32°53’43.6"E (Unfinished Obelisk, Aswan, Egypt) - Given by BoB

• Latitude:40.751278 | Longitude: 14.485528 (Pompeii, Italy) - Given by Magiq ring with the phrase “belonging to the cagliostro” that turned into a piece of paper coordinates: 404504.6N 142907.9E

• 321624.3"N 355326.4"E (Hippodrome, Jerash, Jordan) - Given by spearhead that changed into sand

Item

• Spearhead Pile of sand

*** “technically stolen, potentially ancient, magimystically charged [spearhead]” ,
*** “About 8 inches from the tip of the triangle… to the part of the base… It’s no more than about an inch and a half wide at the widest point of the triangle.”
*** “There aren’t any significant markings other than the layers of dirt and rust”
** Now its just a pile of sand after using a method akin to dousing

• Paintbrush Pile of sand Paintbrush
20 Likes

Okay! Good news and bad news.
Good news: Something happened!
Bad news: I need to vacuum.

I tried out the compass idea (also, thanks for the sigil, @Grimangel53!), and at first it just seemed to kind of dangle there. I guess my knot wasn’t strong enough, though, because it slipped off of the string, the tip hit the table underneath, and the whole spearhead turned to sand. You know. As one does. :upside_down_face:

All that was left was a slip of paper with this printed on it:
321624.3"N 355326.4"E

Gonna dump all of the sand in a ziploc or something for safekeeping once I get it cleaned up. Not sure it’ll be of any more use now, but it can’t hurt to hold onto.

20 Likes

Something does bother me though.

That email that @Catherine received. Some random people found a ring that transformed into a piece of paper and didnt freak out about it.

Now, dont get me wrong, but prior to my joining, that would have been 100% something I would have flipped out about.

Also, specifically, it was a wedding ring? You dont just leave those lying around on trees in Central Park (typically).

something feels weird/off about this

18 Likes

Something to dig off of! (I realize after typing that, that it’s quite the pun)

Looks like it spits us at Hadrian’s Arch in Jordan (rather than Greece).

17 Likes

Hmm, I thought the coords were for the Hippodrome in Jordon. (I originally read that as Hippodome and spent about 3 minutes thinking about hippos in a thunderdome like situation…don’t judge me.)

There was a Hippodrome theater in New York city in the 20’s. the Charter Communications publishing company has their headquarters there now.

20 Likes

Ha! I was so focused on the name of the landmark closest to the point when I zoomed in that I didn’t see “Hippodrome” right at the bottom, just “oh, that looks like an arch, must be that!” :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

I’ve also got the Hippodrome, though the coordinates may need to be unscrambled first. how did we unscramble the Ring Coordinates?

funny thing is, Ashburn is also relatively near a Hippodrome Theater as well.

16 Likes

I don’t think we unscrambed the ring coordinates. Once you put spaces between degrees, minutes and seconds (so format ## ## ##.#N , ## ## ##.#E) it went right to pompei.

16 Likes

the two sets of coordinates dont match, that’s why i was asking.

9 Likes

I belive that the coordinates dont match because google maps/google searches will go to the nearest possible landmark. Otherwise, it goes to a [ruin] thats close to an intersection in the middle of pompeii

11 Likes

No unscrambling, just sticking it in a coordinate converter to get a format that the Google map liked.

11 Likes

It feels like the answer to this is something Greek or Roman…

8 Likes

Okay, google is telling me the hippodrome is Roman, and so was the spear, so somethign roman in NYC? To Atlas Obscura!! Or a hippodrome, a hippodrome might work.

Edit: I see a statue to Minerva and The Dime Savign Bank is Greco-Roman style. No direct link to Jordan I can find…

12 Likes

Ahh Jerash, why do you have to be in one of the most contested regions of the World!
Jerash aka Gerasa is currently in Jordan, possibly formerly Greek occupied city in Roman territory, Isreal, Syria, Mesopotania or Arabia

Potential options on the Greek theme (1st being my favourite)
Hippodrome Theater (credit Robert)(Ok not greek but we were pointed at a hippodrome) New York Hippodrome - Wikipedia
Olympic Tower http://www.theolympictower.com/
The Met Museam - greek and roman art collection https://www.metmuseum.org/about-the-met/curatorial-departments/greek-and-roman-art

12 Likes