Ilya stumbled through the woods with a bright and beaming smile on her face

24°04’36.3"N 32°53’43.6"E

20 Likes

:eyes:

Please tell me I’m not the only one that just stuck these into google?

15 Likes

So, if the Google’s not lying to me, it’s somewhere in Egypt? :brandonthinking:

15 Likes

You know you’re not the only one!!!

15 Likes

:scream::scream::scream:

If those are to a Mundane location I’m getting an unfinished obelisk in Aswan, Egypt?

But is anything ever that straightforward in the Magiqverse? :thinking:

16 Likes

I’m getting Aswan? Only thing I know about there is a dam.

11 Likes

Egypt and ominous-sounding if my location is correct…

14 Likes

I have the obelisk too.

And…no…

17 Likes

Too bad there isn’t a mapquest of Neithernor…part of me wonders if that would track to a location there…

14 Likes

From Google of Aswan:

southern Egypt’s strategic and commercial gateway since antiquity.

contains significant archaeological sites like the Philae temple complex,

Philae’s ruins include the columned Temple of Isis, dating to the 4th century B.C. Downriver, Elephantine Island holds the Temple of Khnum, from the Third Dynasty.

18 Likes

Also, they had to move Abu Simbel cause they were building the dam I mentioned. I knew there was a reason I remebered this place!

Edit: But we’ve been given that obelisk. So, what can we compile about it?

17 Likes

There’s a bookstore. No website, but the pictures have a sign listing it as “Egypt’s No 1 Books Destination”

16 Likes

I read the wikipedia but so far nothing :sparkles: magiq :sparkles: jumping out at me…it was supposed to be the biggest obelisk in Egypt but the granite cracked so it was never completed. Also according to the wiki it’s special because you can see markings from the workers showing how they were constructing it.

Tho that bookstore is interesting…maybe there’s something special in there too…that or The Book of Briars thinks it’s time to expand AGP into new markets…

Edit: Don’t know why I didn’t think of this first, but the Obelisk has an Atlas Obscura entry which might lean towards the magiq

15 Likes

I was just about to say I just found the Atlas Obscura page. Secret Society is definately making me lean towards that.

Edit: The page mentions an obelisk in Rome too. Maybe we’re on an obolisk trail? Also, looking again at the title to this topic, a) I don’t remember reading that line before, and b) I don’t think there’s a woods near this obelisk in Aswan, unless that’s got nothing to do with it.

Edit 2: Also also, looking into Hatshepsut (the one who comissioned the obelisk) cause I love her.

17 Likes

I’m going through the obelisk pictures on Google (user uploaded) and not seeing anything interesting or magiq.

Off to explore Atlas Obscura, one of my fave sites anyway!

14 Likes

I was hoping the line for this thread would have a clue to do with the obelisk, but I can’t seem to find anything related.

Edit: Maybe something to do with an open-air museum.

12 Likes

Concerning Hatshepsut: Well, she’s basically just amazing. She’s considered the first great female ruler we know of, and only the second we know of for sure that actually ruled (as in, she ruled and not her husband). She was daughter, sister, wife, and mother of pharaohs, was even refered to as a pharaoh, and her rule was both long and prosperous (yes, I put in a pun :smiley: ). Seems great, and apart from being another queen (Anne of Brittany was queen consort though), I don’t really see any connection to magiq.

So… obelisk it is?

16 Likes

Well if opening the BoB is about cleaning up unfinished business, and loose ends the “Unfinished Obelisk” is a great sign of that.

I’m looking around for what we’re supposed to do with this information you guys are finding. This clue may point us to a key…but what do we do with it when we find it?

19 Likes

According to what I’m reading, potentially related to The Obelisk was its “unfinished, partly worked obelisk base” found in the Aswan quarries in 2005.
The Aswan quarries produced a number of famed monuments, but I don’t feel like that’s the right direction to head down.
Apparently a lot of knowledge of the obelisk is contributed to a small book called “The Aswân Obelisk, With some remarks on the Ancient Engineering” written by archaeologist Reginald Engelbach in 1922 .

15 Likes

According to the book, on the east face of one of the walls surrounding the obelisk was the inscription:

|ΑΜ[smudges]
|ΣΑΒΙΝΙΑΝΟΣ|
|ΣΕΡΑΠΕΙΩΝ|
|ΟΡΣΟΥ|

16 Likes