How Do Your (Other) Fandoms Fit Into The Briarverse Guilds?

This post I made a few days ago:

Got me thinking … how would the six Briarverse guilds map to other Mounties’ favorite fandoms?

The Prompt:

Imagine characters from other worlds you love just took the Guide to Magiq Assessment. It can be books, TV, comics, manga, music groups, anything goes!

The Challenge:

One character in each guild, no overlap, no redundancies. They are becoming a balanced master coven, which means representation from each of the six corners.

Bonus (optional) challenge:

No bad guys in Balimora :laughing:

Discuss, debate, and even offer alternate versions of the same fandoms! Did I do Buffy justice? Let me know!

13 Likes

Outlander (based off the show, as I wasn’t patient enough to read the books first and haven’t got round to it :deirdrexd:)

:weatherwatch: (Young) Ian
:gossmere: Claire
:flinterforge: Brianna
:ebenguard: Jamie?
:thornmouth: Roger
:balimora: Murtagh?

Little iffy on Ebbie and Bali, but the others seem fairly obvious choices.

8 Likes

@Catherine, what say you? :cjheart:

6 Likes

Jamie is TOTALLY an Ebenguard. Murtagh…hmm. I kind of see him as an Ebenguard too, maybe?? Although, the whole fugitive on-the-run arc of the most recent couple of seasons (I think that was the most recent season?) is very Balimora for sure.

Agree with all the other choices!! Trying to think of another good, clear fit for Bali…

9 Likes

It was a combination of that particular spoiler and the “ok, then I’ll marry you.” like it was the most obvious choice when Frank’s ancestors were going to be orphaned/widowed several seasons ago.

Another thought for Bali would be that French royal guy they were schmoozing back before the war?

5 Likes

Oh YES I forgot about that part! I’m thinking Geillis for Balimora too, maybe??

5 Likes

I feel like she ends up stealing bonus points, though, even if she didn’t start out as a “bad guy.”

5 Likes

Ahh, very true. I was thinking more along the lines of how she’s the first person to help show Claire which herbs and things to work with in the very beginning. Her methods of…“researching” the natural world definitely lose her bonus points in the end, though.

6 Likes

Also didn’t think Ian would appreciate being next to her on the Chronocompass. :grimacing:

5 Likes

[spoiler]I think Ian would want her as far, far away as possible :colewat:[/spoiler]
I’d say Ian also has some Bali tendencies, but definitely more Weatherwatch than anything else.

5 Likes

What about that reverend/preacher guy that married Marsali and Fergus?

6 Likes

omg, yes :joy:
What would Marsali be?? I feel like she and Claire are very similar, they’d make a good Goss team.

6 Likes

Dresden Files

:weatherwatch: Sanya
:gossmere: Waldo Butters
:flinterforge: Bob
:ebenguard: Harry Dresden
:thornmouth: Ivy (The Archive)
:balimora: River Shoulders

9 Likes

Stormlight Archive

:flinterforge: Navani Kholin
:thornmouth: Jasnah Kholin
:ebenguard: Kaladin Stormblessed
:balimora: Shallan Davar
:balimora: Lift
:weatherwatch: Rysn Ftori
:gossmere: Renarin Kholin
:ebenguard: Dalinar Kholin

With stormlight I could probably go on and on and on, honestly

edit: Very disappointed in myself that it didn’t occur to me that Lopen would be a textbook Balimoran.

10 Likes

Lopen and Lift are absolutely Balimora! Snitching pancakes and stickin’ folks to walls, gancho!

Some more Rosharans for you:

:gossmere: Rock
:weatherwatch: Eshonai
:thornmouth: Venli
:ebenguard: Rlain
:gossmere: Teft (world’s gruffest, grumpiest Gossmere)
:ebenguard: Taravangian
:balimora: Wit
:flinterforge: Adolin Kholin

On the surface, Adolin seems all Ebenguard but under all the soldiering instilled in him from childhood, he’s got a dogged “I’m going to get this done” streak. Though certain recent developments could put him with his brother in Gossmere, too.

9 Likes

Actual answers to the challenge because before I was just excited:

Lord of the Rings (keeping it in the Fellowship)

:flinterforge: Gimli
:balimora: Legolas
:ebenguard: Aragorn
:thornmouth: Frodo
:weatherwatch: Merry
:gossmere: Samwise

(Just to finish out the set, Boromir is Ebenguard, Pippin is Weatherwatch, and so is Gandalf the Grey. But Gandalf the White is the Cagliostro. :laughing:)

11 Likes

Oh boy. You just opened up a whole can of worms :rofl:

13 Likes

Now I’m thinking about mistborn too

:balimora: Kelsier (Though if you know spoilers he might be arguably a :weatherwatch:)
:balimora: Vin (I had a lot of trouble pinning Vin down and am still unsure)
:thornmouth: Elend Venture
:gossmere: Sazed
:ebenguard: Marsh
:gossmere: Breeze
:flinterforge: Clubs

Era 2
:ebenguard: Waxilliam
:balimora: Wayne
:thornmouth: Marasi
:gossmere: or :thornmouth: Steris
:flinterforge: Ranette

7 Likes

Lol, he’s in such good company, though! Most of my favorite Elves would be Flinters! I did consider Gandalf for it, but Gimli’s creating of a new kingdom at Aglarond won me over. I feel like “made a kingdom out of nothing” is a very Flinterforge-in-Middle-earth thing to do.

10 Likes

Vin definitely seems Bali to me.

8 Likes