Guild House

The Houses can sense those with the aptitude or the innate ability, and will slowly guide them there subconsciously. They would be allowed to enter, but only when the Magiq felt it would be right, or in times of great need.
Gossmere would function like a shelter in most Sleeper’s eyes, but to those who ahve the capacity to be awoken, they would notice some differences. Same with most other houses. If they are lead there, or happen upon thephyisical place it’s tethered to, they could probably see a glimmer of what it truly looks like, instead of the version that sleepers (or mundies) could see.
Those with the ability and the connection to a guild, would invariably end up at the house itself.

I agree with Victorian. pretty much they see the guild and then gain the chioce of stepping into this mad world we call home.

4 Likes

I just see a bookworm looking up from a book and finding themselves seated on a rock, a lighthouse suddenly gleaming in the distance.

5 Likes

Well they need to show their thirst for knowledge. Just being a bookworm doesn’t make you a Thornmouth. We Thormouths have an almost insatiable curiosity.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s true. I’m a bookworm myself, a Ravenclaw in fact. But I lean more toward Gossmere because I value compassion over books. (No that does not make me a Hufflepuff )

3 Likes

I’m a bookworm and a Thornmouth while being a Hufflepuff.

3 Likes

Haha reverse buds

3 Likes

But yeah. I value creativity and originality like a Ravenclaw, but compassion and empathy like a Goss

3 Likes

Ravenclaw and Thornmouth. Sometimes I think “wow I fit right into the stereotype” and other times I’m like “I DONT BELONG HERE”

4 Likes

I’m Ebenguard and Gryffindor. So eh?

4 Likes

Guilds and Hogwarts Houses are different. It seems that guilds organize based on what type of person you are while hogwarts houses are more aligned to one’s values.

4 Likes

True.
So Thornmouth Lighthouse
Gossmere (I’m honestly not sure what our location is, any ideas?)
Flinterforge Workshops?
Balimora Gardens?
Ebenguard Sentenials Rest
Weatherwatch?

3 Likes

Gossmere had a complex. With a big sickbay. Like a charity center.

3 Likes

Right! I think Compound or Commune sounds better but you’re right

4 Likes

For Weatherwatch I see a somewhat rotting ship with a small torn black drape dangling from what was once the captains quarters and the room is filled with treasures ancient artifacts, When you go in a few creatures scurry out from behind a shelf, As you open the shelf it is filled with countless books containing many pictures of The sea and Nature in its fullest

6 Likes

For Flinterforge, I’ve been thinking about it…and I think something like a Makerspace would be fitting?

At first I was thinking of almost like a blacksmith’s workshop, or maybe something steampunky, but the whole thing about Flinterforge is doing things efficiently and better than before. Having Ye Olde Forgery would be too anachronistic. In our time, they’d have everything top-of-the-line, better than anywhere else. Something sleek and modern.

So my image is just this big open space, there’s lots of tables pushed together - the kinds that have whiteboard surfaces. Honestly, whiteboards are probably everywhere, ready to have new, better ideas written on them. The whole building is just built to facilitate creation, and there’s different floors geared towards various fields - computer labs, art studios, garages - if it can be built, then the Flinterforge house has the tools to do so.

I don’t think there would be a sleeping area, at least not with beds and such, but there would be a napping space. Futons and bean bag chairs and such where you can veg out and take some time to recuperate your energy. But then it’s right back into the thick of things. After all, there’s only so many hours in a day.

As far as location - I imagine it would be somewhere lively, like a city. Somewhere where Flinterforges can see the problems people have in their lives so they can come up with ideas to fix them. And especially with cities being centers of industry, I think it would fit pretty well with the guild.

7 Likes

It needs to really be liveable, doesn’t it? Some people may spend their lives there. What if that’s like a secret entrance to a cool weatherwatcher hangout.

4 Likes

Im Ebenguard and Ravenclaw :open_mouth: I was thinking about making a post about Hogwarts/Ilvermorny houses out of curiosity but wasn’t sure if I should.

5 Likes

You should! But I think that belongs in the Cabinet. I know I’ll contribute.

4 Likes

I could see the old forges and steampunk workshops being around too, becasue sometimes we need old forms of tech and such. just in a smaller number unless explicitly needed.

3 Likes

Flinterforge, I feel like you would have a big warehouse with materials. With some type of mystimagiqal method of retrieving them.

edit: Also 100th post!

4 Likes