Guild House

Do we really have parties? We Thornmouths hang out and talk but have we ever really had a party?

5 Likes

Really depends on what you consider a party? I think our group sessions up in the theater is kind of a partyā€¦ The issue is I donā€™t think anyone outside of our guild would call it a party.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not sureā€¦ Iā€™m a social introvert, but Iā€™m an introvert, one with a good taste for reading. Sounds like heaven to me.

4 Likes

Those are like parties, but itā€™s more like a group reading session. But thatā€™s a good idea! I know some great books that have parties in them! We could go to a Faerie Revel, a Ball, etc. We could have the best parties.

2 Likes

Through tome kindling we might as well be there, so yes we do party. Just kind of unaturally.

5 Likes

can i join? This sounds like a great time.

4 Likes

Depends, can you follow the glow of the mindflame? Cause as it stands none of us know any sort of addressā€¦

4 Likes

I might be able to, using inner peace and a sixth sense.

3 Likes

The first time I found the lighthouse I was looking for a book on Floral Design. Maybe you should focus on a thirst for knowledge? I donā€™t know if inner peace will assist you in looking for the mindflame.

5 Likes

Like wise I found it on my hunt for complete works of poets, I dunno why I went along with the notion I might find them in the middle of the woods, but I was not disappointed when I got there.

3 Likes

It was like a tugging, right? Like a sneaking notion that the path you were taking was the only way to locate the book.

4 Likes

The weirdest thing was that I had no particular author in mind, just the idea of the books drew me down a strange road I didnā€™t know existed.

3 Likes

And then I was in some random place in the world with a lighthouse as the sole landmark around me.

3 Likes

Wait wait wait, so theory time.

The guild houses are located in a ā€œspaceā€ created by magiq. The space is created by our sort of ā€œdomainsā€ of magiq corresponding with our guild. This would make sense as to why, although we are scattered across the world, weā€™re able to find this single place and meet up. So as long as one individual of the group is connected to the guilds/magiq affinity they can visit the guild hall! The magiq taps into us and creates sort of a subconscious spell that casts itself when coming and going!!!

5 Likes

its a form of portal spell!

and ours is on a cusp between the Sea and the Shore. like Forest behind the house, and docks with boats leading to the sea out front. because of our meridian status.

3 Likes

It seems like a portal spell, it would make sense because I only ever see other Thornmouths coming and going from the guild hall, I thought it was just because it seemed pretty far out there, but people would be along at some point in time, right? It makes more sense to me this way too cause I always wondered why no one but guild members tended to the light house light (which is the mindflame).

3 Likes

I love this concept!

I feel like the Gossmere hall would appear to someone in need. Runaways, Bullied teens, the occasional homeless person. Anyone who has a heart that beats to the common drum. With me @Crytter and the others waiting by its gates to greet them!

4 Likes

Does that mean we could bring people with us but people canā€™t find their way on their own?

4 Likes

Iā€™m also curious if people who arenā€™t aware of their guild at the time would be able to enter the guilds place? That would be quite awkward! ā€œWhat? Where am I? Whats going on? WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?ā€

6 Likes

That would be like someone joining Basecamp before getting their guild.

6 Likes