Guild House

We should just get a group of Thornmouths to walk into a library, quietly plant a flag, and start reading. We’ll probably get kicked out for carrying a (magical) lantern with us, but still.

3 Likes

Oh No! We can fix that with some good old fashioned teloportation…please tell me that’s possible @Endri I’ll be so lonely by myself!

3 Likes

@Chordie

We’d most definitely get kicked out if we bring a lantern. But why are we even going to a public library? I’ve only read half of the books in the lighthouse. Have you finished them?!

6 Likes

Well, no. But it would be fun. All books are our books :imp: :book: :books: :izakaya_lantern:

2 Likes

Fire + Books = A not fun time

3 Likes

I trust us enough to not let the Mindflame burn down a library.

Not literally, anyway. I’m sure there’s some metaphor in which that’s a good thing.

4 Likes

Can it burn anything? Is it even material? I vote we investigate the Mindflame.

6 Likes

We’re gonna have it at the top of our lighthouse, so it damn well better be material. How silly would we look if we had a metaphorical flame up there? Besides, it would get cold.

7 Likes

Reading Thornmouth conversations ALWAYS seen to make me smile. Thanks for that you guys.
Goodnight :smile:

5 Likes

Sleep well!

5 Likes

@Chordie & @VictorianFlorist

You guys know you can group read right?? Saves a lot of time, especially if you use the Tome Kindling spell up in the Mindflame theater (that’s the glass room with the Mindflame we tend to). It causes your conciouse to be ported into the book and you get to watch/interact from a 3rd person omniscient. The books go a lot faster that way in all honesty

4 Likes

I haven’t bothered with that spell since Jeff jumped into the collective consciousness and insisted on reading everything in silly accents.I’ll admit that I had a few laughs, but I got nothing valuable done that night.

6 Likes

You can use tome kindling individually wherever you like, but to do it as a group you have to be in the theater, it’s the only way to conjoin our individual minds to interact with a single story.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, Jeff started doing that cause he found my reading too serious for his tastes… Regardless of the contents he insists on using horrible accents. Wait till you hear his interpretation of a medieval Australian. It’s awful…

5 Likes

Medieval Australian? That’s a real thing? Or is it like just a Jeff thing? Because I don’t think the Aussie accent was Aussie at all in medieval Australia. It was an english colony, and a prison colony at that.

And I can do Tome Kindling on my own? This is stupendous. I have to go try this. I guess I’m signing off. Goodnight!

3 Likes

It is a 100% Jeff thing…

But yes, time to sign off, it’s midnight and I work tomorrow… Going to go let my body rest while my mind roams through whatever tome I pull off the shelf tonight.

3 Likes

My inner Thornmouth coming out to play:

In medieval times Australia had yet to be found and was still only inhabitants inhabited by its peaceful aboriginal tribes. Later on is when it first became a prison colony, and when the massacre of its natives began… sad story I know, but history has a way of repeating itself.

looks over at Endri We Gossmere know a thing or two about history ourselves :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification! I didn’t realize that it wasn’t colonized until later. So a medieval time Australian would most definitely not sound like Jeff.

6 Likes

Most definitely not Jeff for sure.

4 Likes

All I know is that if I dont wake up with bruises after the tournament after party, We didnt go hard enough

I mean, i remember this one time where the party had just begun, and we were playing our version of truth or dare. we got through a few rounds of it before I took a shot of something blue, and blacked out. Next thing I knew I was in the ring with Dave, Sheila, and an Amazon. Shortly after the battle royale ensued, I blacked out again, and ended up in my bed, fairly bruised, with the Amazon.

I’m still not sure how that happened, but that was a little out of the ordinary for me anyway. normally it just involves some punching and some drinking.

5 Likes