Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

I’m the same way. And we only have 10 more minutes EST, so I say go ahead and upload @cheyyyme.

5 Likes

Actually, um… it won’t allow us to.

Edit: This was at 7:50 that I took the screenshot.

4 Likes

I’m not sure how much you’d like to tell her though. How trustworthy could she truly be?

Edit: Sorry if that sounds accusatory, it just takes a while to gain trust.

5 Likes

Oh…well…guess we’ll just have to work on the song and catch up with Knatz tomorrow

5 Likes

Yep. It looks like the time changed. Well, gives us time to work on the song.

3 Likes

Like always, nothing new when we don’t send. Hopefully we cab get the song tomorrow.

3 Likes

Are we working on a song? I know zero about music but according to what Endri said there are musical clue words in the poem? Are there rules we are supposed to be following to make this song? Surely it can’t be any random song? I’m at a loss to figure out the rules here.

Although if it can he any random song I’d to sing row, row, row your boat until the box just opens because it wants the suffering to end. Coincidentally that is how I get my daughter to sleep. It’s the only song I know all the words to.

9 Likes

Maybe you could learn I’s the By. It’s only barely in English (Newfie is a dialect all its own) so no one will notice if you flub the lyrics.

7 Likes

“Six verses on the wind.”

Six, we’ve learned, is our “sacred” number. Six elements, six guilds…

Do we write a verse for each element or guild? Something narrative, like @Deyavi suggested. Figuration magiq?

Could be the elements sending someone on their next journey
Or six guilds lamenting the loss of someone?

I’m not much of a figuration type, but I’m happy to throw wild suggestions at the wall and see what sticks.

We need six verses (I’m assuming)…

And do we have someone(s) who want(s) to sing it?

13 Likes

It sounds a lot like what we did for Itsuki. Six verses, one for each guild, offering the six elements as a guide to send a soul on its way to the afterlife.

It wouldn’t be a stretch for us to write a song doing the same.

11 Likes

I wish I could sing it. I have a good voice but my phone’s mic… :grimacing: not good.

8 Likes

@Sellalellen, mic be damned, if you’re up for it, I think you should absolutely sing it. :microphone: :open_mouth:

10 Likes

Sel, don’t worry too much about the mic. If you would like to do us the honors, we’d be eternally grateful.

9 Likes

Alrighty then. I’ll do it. Just be prepared for wierd squeaky mic distortions

10 Likes

Well we still don’t know the rules to the song. But hey someone has to go first and i kinda dig looking like a fool. Here’s a stab at basic lyrics of a lullaby I would be happy to sing to my kids.

This is a very rough frame. Please someone with actual talent fix this or make something better… you know…for the children.

As the news spread through
The great wilds shushed

The forges went cold
And the anvils all hushed.

Great minds did pause
And their tomes did drop.

Brave travellers tarried
And their adventures did stop

And the guardians of gold
Shed a tear on their bow

As the kind healers told us
It was her time to go.

13 Likes

the only bits i would change are the cadence for the first two verses, (hushed and shushed just sound like repetition to me and its messing with my head a bit,)
and it should be forges, not forged me thinks.
it is good though. very good.

7 Likes

How about,

As the news spread through,
The great winds shushed.

The forges went cold,
Their hammers dropped.

Great minds paused,
And their reading stopped.

Brave travelers tarried,
Their adventures stayed.

And the Guardians of Gold
Shed a final tear on brow.

As the kind healer said,
It was her time to go.

7 Likes

This sounds wonderfull! My only thought would be that this sounds very much like 3 verses to me. I don’t know, maybe it’s just how I’m reading it…

6 Likes

Are we trying to fit this into any particular melody? The one @Nimueh and @Ashburn put together yesterday, maybe?

10 Likes

You are probably right with the rhymes I have it’s more like 3 verses. Maybe they could be expanded or decoupled.

5 Likes