Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

Just so that there isn’t a need to scroll, search, or jump between threads to find these.
Robert made a thread to track the numbers HERE

All of which I compiled HERE

11 Likes

We could try to send 2 messages at separate times. One with the mourning song the other introducing us.

4 Likes

Arent we only able to send one per day?

3 Likes

Usually we can send more than one, I haven’t checked because we’ve never had a need to.

3 Likes

We should probably start with the introduction message, just in case…also because it doesn’t seem like we have the song ready to send…

7 Likes

Step off my turf @Endri !
I’ve already claimed that position:unamused:

7 Likes

I can record around 5:30 central time. Anyone else want to do it though? I don’t want to hog all the talking :wink:

8 Likes

I can do the recording anytime, so if we are down to very little time, which we usually aren’t, would it be okay if I did it?

4 Likes

I have no qualms about it. What shall the message be?

4 Likes

Well, since we haven’t nailed down the song just yet why not introduce us, what happened to our BoB and maybe our chats with Augie?

4 Likes

One problem how the heck do we explain how we ended up communicating to her through her dreams? We started out with emails to augie but then it changed to dream inception. Are we going to tell her the full truth or keep it vauge?

3 Likes

Same way we explain messaging with Augie. Dawson left us a Chronocompass that lets us talk with the past. I think talking about the truth doesn’t hurt, Knatz already roughly knows who we are, so let’s explain why we need her help.

4 Likes

Isn’t the full truth of how we got in her dreams “we don’t know”? Or “magiq”? I know they both sound vague and evasive, but as far as I’ve followed, we’re not sure why it went from emails to dream hacking.

6 Likes

@Mr5yy and @Ashburn that sounds good to me

3 Likes

(https://d39z42ofxysd63.cloudfront.net/original/2X/e/ed7479eb7484d0ef5dd7a5a6fbae92c31d315442.m4a
Just a preliminary stab at it. Let me know if I should change anything.

6 Likes

I like it. :+1:

3 Likes

Um…I know she’s figured out that someone is talking to her, but are we sure that trying to explain everything is a good idea?

EDIT: I mean, if you feel we need to say something, which I’m not sure I do, just the impression that we’re friends and want to help with opening the Book seems sufficient. Maybe not the time travel stuff, though.

8 Likes

To me, since she already found out who we are and when we are, it’s a good idea. Lieing to Knatz would only make her suspicious of what we’re doing.

3 Likes

I think it’s okay. First I doubt most of the words will get through. Second. She’s not dumb and with her little bit if ancestral knowledge she’s probably one of the most likely people to handle it. Shes used to people from the past in her head. The future isnt too far a stretch

7 Likes

I could go either way on how much we tell her…so long as we don’t straight up lie. And I’m of the mind that she’d sense if we were leaving things out intentionally too. But also we should keep in mind the timing…isn’t the sending cutoff at 8EST? I don’t think we should skip a night, now that she knows we’re here…

4 Likes