Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

It looks like there are enough ways to say the same thing, even with the specific letters we have, that 22 starts with “metal fixing” and ends with one of the several ways that rivet seems to be the answer.

6 Likes

Could 22 be “Metal fixing in a hole”?

4 Likes

Aside from the third word being four letters and the fourth word being two.

5 Likes

Metal fixing bind at hole
Metal fixing bind to hold
Metal fixing bind to pole
Metal fixing bind to fold
Metal fixing bind at fold
Metal fixing pins at fold

I feel like that’s most of the ones that read right to me…
(as someone who was actually using rivets earlier this week, I personally wouldn’t use “bolt” to describe what they’re doing/how they work, doesn’t mean that someone else couldn’t)

8 Likes

If looks like the F might be replacing 2 letters, not one.

4 Likes

I like ‘Metal fixing pins at fold’ myself.

In any case, ‘5’ fits the overall pattern of the numbers. I think we need to be ready to submit our guesses so we can see if there’s a next step the box/book is going to give us or we need to figure out what’s left to do on our own.

9 Likes

Ohhhh, I didn’t see that one. That’s got to be it!

7 Likes

Numbers for riddle round four: 5 6 9 3 5 8 8 8

8 Likes

Would you do the recording today @cheyyyme?

8 Likes

@Viviane or @pandaboye or someone else wanna write up a rhyme?

8 Likes

So now we have a bunch of numbers now and as it’s supposed to be a note I suppose they translate somehow into words.

EDIT: Okay so it seems like this is that last note but I feel like we’re still missing something

6 Likes

Right just gonna dump a load of thoughts here. Okay here we go. First I’m thinking that when we send back this set of numbers the box might open. Next we have the numbers here which seem to be the pattern for a rhyme but no starting point or structure to help us. So linking back to the beginning of the box opens it might have something we need to start the poem.

“445655
8888”

Third we have the poem from the book:

“There must be holes in this unrhyme.
For else how could you find the time?
I wonder would it trouble you
Barring fours from thirty-two?
The mourners all dressed in the nines
For thirty-two’s the length of times
And then unriddle what’s been wrote
To find the heartbreak in the note
A heavy heart upon a feather
The characters all brought together
To ready up the mourning glade
A grieving air’s what must be made”

Now in here we seem to have instructions on how to write the poem. But it seems to be in the wrong order as we didn’t know the numbers untill we had unriddled the notes. Next everyone seems to have just ignored the words given by the riddles and just converted them into numbers. However the books poem says “To find the heartbreak in the note”. So maybe some of those words are needed to write the poem or something.

Fourth these seem to be all the characters:
Unowl, toad, mouse, cat and vidivinty

Fifth this is the sentence that stood out in the last message:
“For preparation”
Which seems to fit with “ready up the mourning glade”

I feel like the answer is in here staring me in the face but I just can see how it all fits together!

9 Likes

I was having thoughts about the “barring fours from thirty-two”. I think it’s a subtraction rather than a division - like, we find the right meaning of “fours” and remove those from the set of thirty two clues. There are a couple things that were given in fours: there are now four clues that were marked with pound signs, there are a couple numbers that showed up four times (3,4,6) as answers, and there are just the actual literal 4s. If we’re going back the the words that each of these numbers came from, maybe something happens if we find the right set of “fours” to bar? Like, those words say something or the remaining words say something…

6 Likes

Here, have a rhyme:

“The Cat sent on a new array
to friends who hope they’ve won the day.
We conferenced long on what it meant,
unpuzzling what the Cat had sent.
The latest fruits of our debate:
5, 6, 9, 3, 5, 8, 8, 8.
And now we pass them on again
and wait with bated breath to see
if we must still more answers pen,
or if this set completes the key.”

13 Likes

What file type? WMA?

9 Likes

On my way out at the moment for a few hours but i can read through our answers once im home and do some research

9 Likes

Yea, I don’t think it’s something we should be trying to send today anyway. I’ll look into it too later this evening…see if anything jumps out at me. It’s also possible that, assuming we got all the numbers right this time, we’ll get more information when we get Knatz’s journal entry.

6 Likes

(https://d39z42ofxysd63.cloudfront.net/original/2X/5/52e4cdbc54d5801a3c3b71c312814ac32ce5947f.m4a

This is still m4a. I can’t send the clip while at work, so could someone else?

12 Likes

My thought for barring fours (so far) is maybe the sets of four of the same number in a row (four 9s, four 3s, and the eight 8s).

9 Likes

If those are the fours being barred, that leaves:

8 Likes