Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

Sorry @Robert! But we shouldn’t neglect our own protection and safety. I just feel that we haven’t heard much from our enemy and it’s bothering me a lot.

3 Likes

We aren’t looking in the wrong direction: we look in many directions, there are that many of us.

Frankly there are some moments from the past few months that keep even the most vigilant scared and on our toes.
We can only look at what is visible.

As far as we know, the council are still shielding us, but I doubt we’ve had anything like the full force of the storm yet.

6 Likes

I was under the impression that the Storm and whoever controls it in our time aren’t terribly concerned about us since they succeeded in destroying the Book.The time portal in the Chronocompass was pretty well hidden, remember. It wouldn’t hurt to take precautions, I’m sure, but I’m more worried about Augie right now.

7 Likes

I think we may also be underestimating the Council to think that they can’t protect us from the Storm and it’s master.

9 Likes

@MissEvans I never said we were looking the wrong way but that we should be looking all ways. I dread to think of the full force of the Storm!

@viviane your right that they probably aren’t concerned with us but if I were the master of the storm I wouldn’t stop at just destroying the book.

@Augustus_Octavian I am probably underestimating them but I think we should also not totally rely on them. It also sounds like they have limited power.

2 Likes

Vigilance, yes.
Self-reliance, yes.
But tribe too. On our good days, we’re pretty amazing. Even on our bad days we’re capable of keeping ourselves together.

Sending hugs, and keeping eyes peeled.

6 Likes

I think we are going to need every ounce of our own energy, compassion, creativity, judgement, cleverness and cunning to get Augernon through the next few days. Facing two fronts only stretches our own resources thin, when we know someone already has our backs.

8 Likes

Well, I see your point absolutely.

I’ve heard the expression that “nothing healthy grows that has been living in the dark” and that particularly comes to mind now, watching the 94s being picked off because they’re isolated.

Ascender is convinced they need an army to stand together now… And that thinking is probably what brought us all here today. So that’s something, I think.

6 Likes

I’ve lost the message page link, but if we’re using the 4/4 timings, we need to think of what to send Augie today pretty soon.

2 Likes

http://www.fletcherdawson.com/983534othe-chronocompass/
Here’s the link

4 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to go over everything that’s been said yet, but has Augie been given the information on the coordinate points? Not sure if that’s still relevant, but if so, it’d be good to include that in the message.

4 Likes

I don’t know if this has been answered, but yes, the Council appears to still be protecting us. Why do I say this? Because the Storm hasn’t gotten anyone and if they weren’t, people would disappearing, much like what’s happening to the 94 Mountiees.

2 Likes

So who’s sending the reply tonight and what are we gonna ask?

2 Likes

I think we should let Augernon continue his story about what he found out in the mountains this week organically. I feel like any pointed questions in this message would feel like interruptions in a conversation.

7 Likes

But surely we need to prompt him to continue his story? How are we gonna do that? People and communication skills ain’t my strong point :wink:

1 Like

I don’t want to cloud the picture by having yet another person send an email so I’m going to opt out of volunteering to send a message. A good start for a draft would be something to the effect of:

"Augie,

Please continue with your story! Our lodge read your last email together and have a number of questions, but we’ll save them until you finish telling us what happened this weekend with your father and grandfather.

[Familiar Name]"

8 Likes

If it’s alright with @Mr5yy we’ll use his name again as he started this chain

2 Likes

Sure. I have no problem with it.

Edit: Do you want me send it or something else? I’ve been up since 3, so I’m easily confusled today.

6 Likes

I’m cool with the draft as written, unless anybody has any editions to make.

5 Likes

Na, your draft is perfect.

Edit: Okay, it’s sent!

2 Likes