Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

That was @Viviane, but it makes some logical sense to me…

13 Likes

That seems plausible…do we have the new cipher/methodology to back it up though? Not to be too much of a downer, but I want to make sure we’re super confident this time.

Edit: like, some of the words have the first letter missing and that would support the weight–>eight theory, but then there’s the W and N for “heavy” and “object” that don’t quite fit that pattern…

8 Likes

I’m not for sure about the methodology. To me, it could also be 10 instead of 1, but that would go against the single digits we have been receiving.

4 Likes

So I am fairly confident that it decodes to “measure for heavy objects” but then there’s two ways of making it do that and neither one seems to follow perfect rules to make eight, one, or ten:

1. Keep the W with “FO”, gives two words with missing first letters, one with a swapped last letter, and one with a swapped first letter: EASURE FOW EAVY NBJECTS
  2. Keep the W with “EAVY”, gives one missing a first letter, one missing a last letter, and two with swapped first letters: EASURE FO WEAVY NBJECTS

Edit: looking at either “ton” or “weight” as the answer. personally, I like weight as the answer better but I’m not super happy with either set of change rules to make that connection…

9 Likes

@Brendon thinks it could also be two.

7 Likes

Maybe its time to look at the hash answers.

Any particular place i can find them all? Ill sort through em

4 Likes

Another possibility: Is there maybe another option for the word that might have more of the changes applicable and still make a number? (I don’t necessarily think it’s likely but hey, worth a shot I guess?)

4 Likes

I was stuck on whether it was one or two before figuring out what the letter change logic was. My gut is saying that it must be two if something’s wrong, let me see if I can back it up…

6 Likes

These were the ones with pound signs:
13 The
14 Fee
15 There

3 Likes

Well, a theory is that since the W is roughly in the middle like 2 it might work.

3 Likes

13, 14, 15 and 22, actually

If we’re talking about the CHARACTERS, the is 3 letters, so is fee and there is 5 letters. Maybe that might be something?

I might be way off here but im just doing my best with what i think might work. ^^;

3 Likes

That was part of why I couldn’t decide, yeah.

4 Likes

Going off of this, could the characters talk about the numbers with the pound sign next to them?

2 Likes

Maybe. I was thinking the count for each but it could very well be the numbers themselves. 1, 3, 1, 4, 1, 5, 2, and 2?

2 Likes

I don’t think we’ve gotten 22 yet…

2 Likes

I saw it had an answer on the unowl page(i think thats its name?)

2 Likes

Could you post it as a quote?

2 Likes

I’m looking at the thread with all the collected answers and 22 has question marks next to it…let me dig for the pictures real quick.

But also I’m of the mind that, at least for last night, we just didn’t decode one of the clues right. For 26, we didn’t actually end up with a number spelled out. And it wouldn’t fit the pattern for the number answer to be derived from something other than the scramble of the clue phrase.

6 Likes

One sec ill find it.

2 Likes

True. I guess that makes sense. It came to fivr didnt it?

3 Likes