Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

I think it was “WON” which was interpreted as “one”

6 Likes

hrm. any chance it might’ve been a word as the answer, and not a number? maybe WON WAS the answer. its not the first time we’ve had a sudden rule change. I doubt it though.

2 Likes

I really do think it was just a translation error. I think it has to be numbers on Knatz’s end to plug into the box. And I think it would be unlikely for only one clue to not follow all the rules all of a sudden.

6 Likes

fair enough. I guess ill start looking at the tougher questions again then and see if I can find any discrepancies.

2 Likes

That may be the best way to go. I am not really sure we can say with 100% confidence 26 is where we went wrong

7 Likes

Also follow-up on the pound signs for what it’s worth, I’m going through the screen grabs of Knatz’s journal and I’m fairly confident that we haven’t gotten 22 yet

2 Likes

That’s true. I did look through all of them, and 26 is the one that stuck out to me as most likely. Everything else exactly spelled a number this round…but the more eyes spread out across everything we’ve got, the better!

5 Likes

@Cj_Heighton Robert made a list!

7 Likes

26 – EASUREFOWEAVYNBJECTS
Measure of heavy objects
Ton
Remove first letter
On
Flip
No
First letter change to w
Wo
…crap, thought I had it!

5 Likes

I think I’ve got to call it a night…but my parting two cents: I do like the weight–>eight angle or the ton–>two angle if someone can convincingly tie up all the methodology nicely

(cringing a little about quoting myself, but I figured by now it’s a little too far up to be easily scrolled to)

3 Likes

Where is @Robert when I need him most?

lights the Robert signal

11 Likes

Okay. I don’t have a great theory for this, but I’m too tired to think through it any more. My instinct is still that 26 is wrong, and that the number it should imply is eight.

My best guess for how to get there: EASURE(F)O(W)EAVY(N)BJECTS? Where the first letter is missing from every word, and f/w/n are in between the words? That still doesn’t give a solid explanation for why the answer would become eight, but it’s the best I can do right now. Maybe sleep will bring some better ideas. (Maybe I can get some other group of Mounties to incept my dreams! :joy: )

8 Likes

Duh. “Measure of how heavy an object is.” I just didn’t use enough words! Then weight becomes eight, no issues. :joy:

13 Likes

So before I go back and puzzle through 26 again. I want to post this.
I think the grouping of numbers may point to something so I’ve written them down and will mull over those. ALSO, our next numbers should be 5, 7, 11, 16, 22, 25, 27, and 29. So yeah. Anyway, time to pull on my puzzle cap.

6 Likes

Was just popping in one last time before actually signing off for real…This is a brilliant catch and I’m totally on board the weight–>eight train!

8 Likes

@Viviane - You are the best!!!

puts away Robert signal

looks at Signal Catalogue, for purchasing Viviane signal as well

11 Likes

I was so close :joy: always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

9 Likes

New list for riddle round three: 6 9 3 4 5 8 8 8

8 Likes

I have compiled the numbers. I just need to add the Methods and the words we got. Any way… based on these numbers I have some predictions.

5-5
7-6
11-9
16-3 or 4
22-6
25-8 or 9
27-8
29-8

Interesting patterns have emerged. As can be seen here and in Robert’s compilation list HERE

8 Likes

I thought it was odd to have a single one in the list. I agree eight is more likely.

9 Likes