Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

Exactly. And the final line “There must be holes in this unrhyme.” is a conclusion.

3 Likes

What do you reckon it means by There must be holes in the unrhyme?

2 Likes

Well, this is were it gets strange. It means we’re missing something for the unrhyme. It could be a set of sentences, letters, etc. Either the riddle adds something to it or the unrhyme adds something to the riddle.

Edit: also there could be something that doesn’t belong already in it.

5 Likes

For this one, may I also suggest the word “there”? At least to me, “there there” seems a little more calming, the others feel almost more like you’re telling someone to be quiet.

12 Likes

I was counting syllables, and some of them didn’t seem to match up properly. I’ll get an actual count in a second.

4 Likes

That one makes sense. I couldn’t think of an answer last night that hadn’t already been put forward, but I think this could be one.

4 Likes

Because it’s an unrhyme, the picture I put is just a suggestion. Nothing has to match up, but they sometimes do.

2 Likes

Okay, I can sort of see where you’re going with this. I’m still not sure what can be gained by reading the rhyme backwards; the original order seemed legible to me, and switching the order of “finding the heartbreak” and the “unriddling” makes the heartbreak a prerequisite rather than a consequence. I’m also not sure where the Troisieme could come in: a Troisieme is composed of 11 lines, three sets of three lines and one set of two lines. The existing poem has 12, and I think the clues would give us eight lines, at most.

I’m working on synonyms for the clues’ answers and messing with the removed letters, for reference. Let’s keep pursuing all the loose ends and we’ll close off whatever doesn’t pan out.

Edit: Also looking for the possible significance to the pound signs.

5 Likes

Apparently I can’t count, either. At first I thought there were 11 lines but there’re 12 so it still wouldn’t be perfect even if we were looking for extra/missing parts of lines.

Here are syllables per line just in case it helps for something else:

Line # - # of syllables (Note: read with backwards order)
1 - 8
2 - 8
3 - 9
4 - 9
5 - 8
6 - 8
7 - 8
8 - 8
9 - 7
10 - 9
11 - 8
12 - 8

5 Likes

The Troisieme is what type of unrhyme our’s resembles the most. In the original rhyme heartbreak was never a consequences. It is something that is written in the “note”, whatever that is, and must be found by unriddling what is written.

3 Likes

Yes, but by unriddling the unrhyme, we would be able to discover the heartbreak concealed in the note. It is the finding that is the consequence, as the heartbreak has already occurred.

6 Likes

I’m trying to unriddle the rhyme, that’s why I said to read the unrhyme backwards. If you read it the original way, as you put it,

But if you read it backwards, it says to find the heartbreak in the note first, to help you unriddle what’s been wrote. So this way we already have the note. We just need to to use the note, which I’m guessing is the set of questions next to numbers, to unriddle.

3 Likes

I love the entire idea of the Troisieme @Mr5yy (you learn something new everyday!), but historically the clues that the book has provided have not been puzzles in themselves, only opaque riddles meant to guide us and hint at what we’re supposed to do.

Even backwards it still rhymes so it wouldn’t technically be an “unrhyme”. But the story about the unowl might be since it’s a (subjectively) poetic, but unrhyming story?

12 Likes

Well the rhyme itself says it’s an unrhyme.

4 Likes

Ah, I see. But “this” could also be the book pointing to the unowl story, only based on past fragments where the book clues showed up when we discovered the next piece and was a sort of commentary on it or exploration of it.

12 Likes

What’s the unowl story?

1 Like

I think Endri’s referring to the bit on the lid of the box, that describes the unowl delivering the “acoded” message. Like, unriddling the riddle could reveal something about the story that comes before it?

9 Likes

Oh okay I thought I’d missed something in a previous fragment

2 Likes

So in the story it sounds like he was carrying a very important message that would “bring many minds to precipious ferriedge” which doesn’t sound very good

3 Likes

Can someone on a computer see what file type we can send? If it’s still wav it may play back to the “speaker” Knatz has. Meaning we can probably send her direct voice messages.

6 Likes