Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

Just puzzling through some thoughts.

7 Likes

More thought vomit.

6 Likes

So this looks like the type of unrhyme we’re dealing with.

6 Likes

“He undo rose sake.”
I’m really reaching now so I think I should take a break.

3 Likes

To kimetic solutions… My brain is getting dark and twisted :joy:

5 Likes

Other than there seems to be 2 parts to this: either we solve the rhyme to help us with the word play or vice-versa, I can’t find aanything else tonight.

5 Likes

Gosh you to sleep for a few hours and miss everything! Well done guys!!

3 Likes

First of all… AHHHHHHHH.
Second of all… This is crazy! Unrythem may have some ties to gossmere as a guild? Unowl is our familiar and Rythems Hearth is our guild hall. What do you guys think?

Also I notice that the message mentions two guilds Flinter and Gossmere (or our familiar at least) so perhaps Saberlane is a Flinter and Knatz is Goss? I’m dying to know the guilds of these two!

EDIT: After rereading I realized it refers to the Unowl as a male, awhile ago @Revenir made a case to me of Tinkerdown being a Gossmere… Maybe its referring to him?

7 Likes

I agree, the original poem reads backwards.

7 Likes

So to recap and add in some details for the method of each and replaced letters in case it’s important.

1- “WITEBKINGIGREDIENT” - White baking ingredient
Coded method: The 2nd letter of each word is missing (H, A and N)
Answer: Flour (Or sugar? Egg? )

10 - “NHNNONRTHNINENSION” - The fourth dimension
Method: The first and third letter of each word is replaced by ‘N’. (T&e, f&u, d&m)
Answer: Time

14# - “THRONEYTHRAIDTHRORTHRTHRERVICE” - Money paid for a service
Answer: Fee
Method: The first letter of each word was replaced with ‘THR’ (M, P, F, A, S)

15# - “WNEHREPEATEDACMLAINGERPXESSION” - When repeated a calming expression
Method: Letters 2,3 and 4 of each word each word are reversed in order
Answer: Hush (I feel stringly it;s hush and not shh)

18 - “ROUSONFOUACOUDSOUAT” - Reason for a cold sweat
Method: Replace ‘OU’ with 2 letters (ea, or, . , ol, sw)
Answer: Fear

20 - “THEILETTERIIAFTERIIIRIVANDVALSOVIBEFOREVIITVIII” - The letter after R and before T
Method: Words are seperated by roman numerals 1 through 7
Answer: S

28 - “EANTSEFTEREEOLIDAYEEAL” - Pants after a holiday meal
Method: Replace first letter of each word with ‘e’. (P, A, H, M)
Answer: Tight

32 - “HETOUNDTTORSETAKEST” - The sound a horse makes?
Method: 'T’s are word seperators. First letter of each word is missing. (T, S, A, H, M)
Answer: Neigh

10 Likes

So we have a bunch of scrambled riddles that are oddly numbered and a poem from the book. The riddle answers are the note but somehow we have to figure out that. Which is where the poem comes in. If I’ve missed or got anything wrong please correct me.

EDIT: I feel like I’ve missed something

5 Likes

The poem/unrhyme is upside down.

Yes, I did quote myself.

9 Likes

The poem is very dark

3 Likes

Yes. After reading it a couple times, I realized that also.

3 Likes

Flour, Time, Fee, Hush, Fear, S, Tight, Neigh. So these are all the words from the riddles but I don’t see what we do with them yet.

EDIT: could this fit in with the story about the ant and the caterpillar? “The characters all brought together”

3 Likes

“Scurious breath did lie upon the cheek as Flinter’s hand stretched claws over the burrow. The unowl was hasted. This news wouldst bring many minds to precipious ferriedge. This he knew. The acoded words flew fast with him. Their weight acreepsing his otherwise diregilous path. At the first sight of Castorton he made dive toward the mill tower”

So looking at this there seem to be extra letters in it and some words don’t make much sense. But there has to be something hidden in here.

EDIT:
Scurious = curious
precipious = precipitous (dangerously high/steep)
ferriedge = edge?
diregilous = religious?

6 Likes

I was thinking it could be one of those things where you say the word out loud and it makes things sound like an actual sentence? Not sure if that makes sense, but like if you combined fee and hush, you get fish.

Still kinda sounds like gibberish though… :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

I think that Robert’s explanation for 32 makes the most sense of everything that’s been tried.

I also want to posit that, with the exception of 10 and 20, I think there could be different words that answer the clues provided. Not that the ones we’ve marked don’t work, but it’s possible that trying different, synonymous words that answer the riddle would yield some other result. Of course, it’s difficult to know since we’re not sure how the answers to the clues could be used.

I didn’t mean to discourage exploring the possibility that the removed or jumbled letters spelled something! I was only pointing out that 15 and 20 would be difficult to use in that way. :disappointed_relieved: If we played around more maybe something could come of those sets of letters.

Also, @Mr5yy, could you explain in more detail why you think the rhyme is backwards? It reads alright either way to me; I guess I’m wondering if you could unpack why you think it reads better from bottom to top?

10 Likes

It’s kinda of supposed to be set up like instructions. Also how the sentences are set up.

3 Likes

I see what you mean. For example it’s telling us to find heartbreak in the note and then unriddle what’s been wrote.

3 Likes