Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

@endri would you be able to check for us?

4 Likes

It doesnā€™t seem like itā€™s changed.

8 Likes

So I wonder if we should try sending a benign message as a sort of test? Does anyone have thoughts on this?

6 Likes

ā€œHello, Hello! can anyone hear me? Iā€™m not even sure this thing is recording.
Welcome to your new Magiq Speaking Box! Before we begin, I must warn you, what you hear may be a bit strange.ā€
proceed with message.

7 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, when did we get to the box saying messages? I canā€™t find anything about this.

3 Likes

I think thatā€™s just a theory/thought. Would be cool if thatā€™s how we communicate now

9 Likes

It would be awesome!

2 Likes

How about a script talking about us? If weā€™re going to test out the box idea, letā€™s make a script about how weā€™re rooting for them!

2 Likes

Iā€™d rather have a script saying we solved their puzzle, but sending them something positive canā€™t hurt, I suppose. The last one looks like it made it through. No nightmares anyway.

9 Likes

Same. Iā€™d like to of had the puzzle done and a script with it, but it looks like itā€™s going to take a day or two.

2 Likes

How about this as a base?

ā€œIt looks like your doing great, especially with solving the puzzle box. Weā€™re rooting for you guys (from the future?).ā€

3 Likes

Edit to the above also add

acreepsing

So, I keep coming back to Rimorā€™s idea here. Iā€™m torn between thinking these words are clues and just artsy otherworldly words. I mean we are talking about an ā€˜unowlā€™ here.

I really want to believe these words are intentionally gobbledy gook and therefore clues we should hone in on. But I canā€™t make any sense of them. Then a doubting voice in the back of my head says ā€˜Robert you illiterate moron, thatā€™s just fancy talking in a made up language.ā€™ (The voice in the back of my head is a jerk sometimes, but sometimes itā€™s right.)

Thoughts on if these are clues, or just over the top flavoring?

6 Likes

Precipious didnā€™t follow the pattern of having extra letters. It seemed to me to be a different word all together.

Not sure if this is helpful or not.

3 Likes

A few of them needed to have words added but when you look at what the new words mean they do seem to fit in. Also thanks @Robert for adding that one! I must have missed it. Also I originally did think that it was fancy talk but then I noticed that ā€œwouldstā€ was in there and that is actually Shakespearean language. Whereas the others arenā€™t Shakespearean language

EDIT: Precipious from Old French precios ā€œprecious, costly, honorable, of great worthā€. Also thatā€™s the characters name in the image. But anyway when you put it with ferriedge it then makes no sense

4 Likes

Also, I think the phrase ā€œferriedgeā€ is related to the action of ferrying or carrying something. Maybe ferriedge is the noun version of it? Itā€™s not an actual word when you look it up, but that it could be a word in the same vein as those found in the poem ā€œThe Jabberwockyā€ by Lew is Carroll. Iā€™m not saying that that undermines their importance, but this is just an idea about what these words could be.

8 Likes

ā€œThis news wouldst bring many minds to a steep/dangerously high edgeā€

Or

ā€œThis news wouldst bring many minds to a steep ferryingā€

4 Likes

Are we sending anything today?

3 Likes

They were talking about it up here but I donā€™t know if this is what they finally decided on

5 Likes

I didnā€™t think much of the strange words thanks to The Jabberwocky either, but I havenā€™t been here for similar fragments yet, so they could be something.

I saw that if precipious is supposed to be similar to precipitous, the definition could also be related to precipitate rather than precipice.
QuickMemo _2017-08-19-19-38-27
Then the travel-related definition for ferriedge would make more sense.

Edit:
Scurious could also be scurrilous or spurious, both of which seem to go with how creepy having claws over someoneā€™s burrow sounds.

4 Likes

I like that translation more!

2 Likes