Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

Okay, so are we going to try to make a rhyme with 2017 and 1998?

6 Likes

Unless someone suddenly has a breakthrough and is certain of another year, I think we should stick with 1998 and 2017 for today. My other guess for a year pair would be the years that each group started…like they’re the '94s so are we technically the '16s because that’s when we gathered…so 1994 and 2016?

I think we need to put in some quality brainstorming though, if we want to logically find other options for these numbers. But maybe first we need to be sure we can get an exact message through somehow…

7 Likes

I could whip up a script for 2017 1998

6 Likes

It’s kinda bad, but

17 years after two thousand
A message the mounties sent to your housin’
To show the answer to the case
That’s taken up so much of your mind’s space
They got the message 19 years before the date
Somewhere in the year ninety-eight

11 Likes

That is brilliant!

4 Likes

If dates have bounced are we at the point of using the other numbers @Robert (?) squirrelled away?

What do we already know, that the owner could have known/had as a briefcase lock?

7 Likes

Fist Pumps Finally Creative writing actually did something!

6 Likes

I intentionally wrote it so I could rewrite it fairly easily for another date, any suggestions?

5 Likes

Creative writing does much! <3

5 Likes

Lol, I know, kidding. That was my favourite class in middle school.

5 Likes

I think one school of thought is we just didn’t send the numbers in the right format. It had to be more of a story. I’m at a loss for a better explanation, so I’m all for using @pandaboye 's poem.

11 Likes

Okay, I can’t record anything though.

4 Likes

I’m not against trying anything, if we think the message didn’t get through. From what I’m reading, she tried dates, we just have no surety that she missed out our selection.

5 Likes

From what I read early, the consensus was that she wouldn’t have tried 2017 because she doesn’t know the significance. But I could be wrong.

5 Likes

Yes, unfortunately we have no surety of anything.

She only mentions trying dates though. I assume she wouldn’t consider the year 2017 to be a date that could possibly be on a briefcase from before 1998.

But like I said, we’re totally shooting in the dark here.

5 Likes

Wait a sec the combination is two sets of four right? So maybe it’s not two years but one date. For example 12/05/2017 (British version). Are there any massive events that we have full dates for?

5 Likes

Maybe, should we set up a poll?

4 Likes

Oh a full date. Of course. Of what?

4 Likes

we meant like dd/mm/yyyy

5 Likes

Also if we do still want two years, it could be the founding years for the groups so like 1994 and 2016? But I am liking the idea of one significant date actually…

5 Likes