Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

Can anyone tell me what we’ve learned on this topic? I have an idea or two but I don’t know if it’s been covered yet.

2 Likes

@Goldthorn Have you used the summarise button at the top? If not basically we got coordinates of Augie at then end of Fragment 13. Augie began telling us about a his visit to father and grandfather. But we were locked out from communicating with him before she could finish. So We looked at the coordinates and they were for the portal to old New York and Sumner went and checked them out for us. He took the Chronocompass with him and it lead him to 7 points around the city. @Robert and @Brendon figured out that they were compass directions that matched up with the guild letters on the Chronocompass on Fletchers site. This allowed us to communicate with the past again. However it was a different person we were communicating with and in a different way. This time we are communicating with Knatz through her dreams. We haven’t found out anything about fragment 14 yet though as we have only really just begun. Hope this helps and that I haven’t missed anything!

6 Likes

I think the recording sounds great! Can anyone send it? I’m away from my computer at the moment, but can anyone with the powers of Google (or a file converter) set it up and send it?

3 Likes

I can’t listen but I used a quick converter online. Can someone listen and tell me if it still sounds right?

(https://d39z42ofxysd63.cloudfront.net/original/2X/f/f70fe6eba5ef6d61db0b4ead205e035df7fd256a.mp3

8 Likes

It sounds great! Thanks @cheyyyme!!! Thanks @Brendon!!!

9 Likes

Do you all want me to send it?

6 Likes

The Portal definitely existed, the area was excavated 1979/80, definitely would’ve been preserved by '94.

6 Likes

@Brendon I’d say go ahead and send it.

4 Likes

So should we try and get her to go there if they haven’t made any progress?

2 Likes

So I tried to send it, but the site said the file type isn’t compatible, I thought mp3 was? Can someone else try, maybe not on Google Chrome? If it doesn’t work, I will convert to mp4

I will try Safari

EDIT: I got it, will post a picture in a second

4 Likes

So I hope it has been sent, picture below:

10 Likes

I had a thought.

I know that sending more than one message to Augie made things come through all garbled, but what if several of us sending the same file helped strengthen what Knatz remembers when she wakes up?

I’m not saying to try it this time, but depending on what comes back at midnight, it may be something worth trying tomorrow.

11 Likes

Ohhhh! That’s a good idea!!! Let’s try it! You never know till you try!

5 Likes

That’s sent as far as I can tell, yes. Thanks!

5 Likes

Wait, sorry about this, but I think it would help me and other people to have a short recap somewhere near the bottom of the thread. I’m kinda new, researched the past fragments, but I am totally lost on 13 and 14. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

You can summarize the thread. That helps a bunch.

5 Likes

@pandaboye this is a spot on recap that @rimor wrote.

3 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

I was out and about all afternoon, but I’ve just caught up. I think the story is great, especially as a test for the story-communication thingy. I do also like the idea of trying to send multiples, if not today then on future days. We are now only 3 days in to this, but we don’t know how many days we get, so it’s good to keep trying things!

4 Likes

So, I’m speculating that the conversation making up most of this thread involving the audio message and script are a communication method?

4 Likes