Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

I was thinking something similar, but using recurring symbols rather than characters; for example, when ever we want her to seek something out, we could incorporate a pointer hound or a search light. Whenever we need her to be brave, we incorporate a lion or a knight. This would obviously be in addition to a narrative pointing her towards our goals, too.

9 Likes

Yeah, I just suggested characters and a more set rigidity as a means of cutting down workload since we will potentially be making one of these stories every day for the next little while. I really ike the symbolism idea though. Another option is to potentially combine both, we make the main character a lion since Knatz will need to be brave the entire time. Just brainstorming though

9 Likes

So you want a kind of choose your own path story? Where we could give her multiple options at the end and whichever one she does we continue from there?

8 Likes

Sort of, yeah! As long as we make the theme of the story the theme we need her to focus, we can reconvene and make the next story based on how she reacts

I assume this was sort of your thought process too @Augustus_Octavian? Similar anyway?

9 Likes

This is exciting.

5 Likes

“One day, a beautiful tawny lioness with shining golden fur was padding through a sun-dappled forest. She was hunting for something, but not food; her belly was full, but her curiosity was not. She made her way down through the wooded vale towards a river, always searching, always seeking. She passed by a bright turquoise stone. This was not what she sought out. She passed by a fiery red bird. This is not what she sought, either. She padded on and on silently over the leaves and twigs on the forest floor, always searching, always seeking. She came to the bank of the river. She peered into cool, clear river’s waters. At the riverbottom, she at last found what she was seeking!”

I deliberately don’t say what she was looking for, since we have no idea what will open fragment 14 back in 1994. Thoughts? We can use the elements mentioned in future stories to symbolize specifics, if need arises.

Also, yes @Brendon and @Mr5yy, that was exactly my thought as well!

@cheyyyme, can we borrow your lovely voice once again when it comes time to record?

16 Likes

Ahhhh. We are all starting to think alike! This could be good as long as we don’t become the Borg.

4 Likes

I can definitely record it! I will need someone else to send it though. Just let me know.

11 Likes

I like this a lot. Good idea you guys.

7 Likes

Love the story! And definitely second @cheyyyme recording again. It was so good the first time and having a consistent factor in all of these sounds great

11 Likes

This all sounds awesome! @Augustus_Octavian I think that framework is a great starting place. And if the story comes through well on Knatz’s end, we can start working in more specific information that can help with the fragment search.

I do have a question: the lioness finding what she seeks when she looks in the water sort of implies to me that she’s finding her reflection; is that intentional?

7 Likes

I’m interested too, because that’s what came to mind for me as well.

4 Likes

It can be. I wasn’t specifically thinking that when I wrote it though.

1 Like

Oh, I don’t think it ought to mean that for any reason. I pointed it out because if the goal is for the story to be open ended, the subtext I got was that we do know what she’s seeking, and it’s herself, which just seemed odd to me. If the goal is to be ambiguous, maybe switch that bit to “she looked into the bottom of the river,” or some other non-reflective surface?

4 Likes

Sure. Edited.

4 Likes

Are we going for what @Augustus_Octavian wrote? Or are we still work-shopping it?

2 Likes

If no one else has any input, I think what we have is good for today’s dream-hacking. :slight_smile: You’re recording, @cheyyyme?

4 Likes

Yes, I’ll get on the recording.

3 Likes

(https://d39z42ofxysd63.cloudfront.net/original/2X/7/7c595715d5d2214a0ff349d10be18b1550cff871.m4a

This is an m4a file so it may need to be converted to mp3 or another compatible music format.

8 Likes

The coordinates we got for the the end of Fragment 13 helped us to unlock this new communication method. However Augie also got the coordinates, I don’t know if they had a different use for them or if they are supposed to go to the port to old New York (if it even existed back then). But if they don’t have a use for them and they are not aware of that then they might be still stuck trying to figure out what they mean or are for. So I think one of our main goals should definitely be to try and find out what has happened since we last talked with Augie and what they have or have not done with the coordinates

5 Likes