Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

I’d call that a success. Good job everyone!

13 Likes

Knatz is Climber’s mother :open_mouth:

Our message got through.
Good work Mounties!

Now … where do we go from here?

13 Likes

oooooo she’s optimistic and now i’ve got the warm fuzzies. I’d definitely call this a success!

Also I think we know a little bit more. She did seem to just get the impression of what we said - no names no specifics, just a feeling. So maybe once we have fragment information to pass along, we have to give like, descriptions so the feeling of it lingers? That sounds tricky…but I guess maybe something could change before we get there…

11 Likes

Great work folks, she’s all positive and ready to get winning now!

6 Likes

Well done guys!

4 Likes

I know that we weren’t able to send pictures or documents, but was anyone able to try maybe a PowerPoint or video file? Something where we could leave impressions with sound and images?

3 Likes

Look like it. Welp. That’s the last time that I try to use statistical probability to swim upstream from the flow of magiq.

12 Likes

So maybe today, if we are going to send a recording today, we should make it about Ali.

3 Likes

I dunno. She just agreed to put Ali out of the way in a safe place so she could work on the fragment. We should probably not redirect her back to Ali.

We need her to work on the fragment, share what information she has on it with other mountaineers (We still know nothing about fragment 14) and if all else fails, write down everything she knows in her journal. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

We should mention Ali. Tell Knatz that she will be safe. If we mention that opening the BoB will keep (hopefully) Ali safe, no harm can come.

2 Likes

I’ve just realised that poor Augie is probably really worried about us as he hasn’t heard from is since the communication failure/switch! I wish there was a way we could get in contact with him.

4 Likes

There’s a list of things that we possibly need to do:
Get in touch with Augie.
Get more information of the next Fragment.
Share what we can with the 94 Mountiees.
Not die.
Not mess with the timeline unless we have to.
Not die.
There’s alot.

11 Likes

Does anyone happen to have access to a PowerPoint or video file to see if either of those will attach for sending?

4 Likes

So at this point, we don’t have much else to try to communicate to the past about the next fragment; what the book sent gave us the information to restart the Chronocompass connection, but I don’t think we’ve gotten more than that.

However, even if we can only send audio files, I’m still curious about what would happen if we sent Knatz a story; whether she would still only get vague impressions or whether she would recall more details when she awoke. I know I’m suggesting more troubleshooting that might not be necessary, but if this method could convey more than just feelings or impressions, I think it might be worth a shot?

14 Likes

I think that’s a great idea, and it certainly won’t hurt to try.

6 Likes

Like are you thinking something like a recording of the Ant and the Caterpillow?

4 Likes

Maybe it would be a good idea to send a recording of a story. Knatz doesn’t seem to remember anything from the recordings that we’ve sent, so maybe a story will work.

3 Likes

@Brendon - The Ant and the Caterpillow was more about being brave and standing up for what you believe in - she’s already back on track for opening the fragment. We need a story that will help lead her towards the opening of fragment 14. It’s easier said than done, but I’m open any ideas. @Mr5yy - we’ll have to record it either way.

9 Likes

Right, right, that’s a good point.

EDIT: I am almost wondering if we create the basis for a story where we always leave it open-ended, and each segment/chapter we send in to Knatz addresses have the characters address that certain theme we need her to focus on. Does that make sense?

10 Likes

Since we’re telling the story to her dream-mind, it should be fairly symbolic rather than any type of direct communication. What about a dream featuring her discovering something, like a treasure in a dark forest? Give her the impression that she should be seeking something specific out?

10 Likes