Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

I’m still here!

I’d modify the first part…if we aren’t confident in our method of communication, I’m worried it’ll look like we aren’t confident in ourselves. Especially since she probably won’t get the whole message. I’ll ponder for a hot second (unless people have started recording)

3 Likes

And I’m finally officially off work and not busy if you want some additional feedback, 5. Thanks for taking the initiative! :smile:

3 Likes

Okay, this one will sound a little more urgent.

“HI there Knatz! Sorry, but we have don’t know how much of this will you will remember, so no introduction today. The Lodge I’m part of received your journal entry yesterday afternoon. We thought it would be best to tell you not to give up on opening the Book of Briar or magiq. There’s a lot more Mountiees out there than you or your Lodge realize and we all have one purpose: to open the Book. We thought it would be a good idea for us to help your Lodge since you seem to be in trouble. Sweet dreams!”

6 Likes

I can wait to record until we have something we agree would be fitting.

8 Likes

Maybe something like this:

Knatz, this is [insert name]. I’m from another lodge of Mountaineers working to open the Book of Briars. We know you’re struggling right now, but there are more of us than you know and we want to help. You aren’t alone, and together we can get you through this. As a friend of ours says, trust in the flow of magiq

8 Likes

“Knatz, my name is Chey. Please don’t give up on the Book of Briars. There are other of us Mountaineers out there working alongside you to open it. You aren’t alone, we can do this together. As a friend of yours says, trust in the flow of magiq.”

12 Likes

Okay, last one. I’m basing this off of Robert’s recording.

“This is going to sound a little insane, and make no sense, but listen and try to remember. I’m part of a distant lodge of Mountaineers who managed to somehow receive you journal entry yesterday. We thought it would be best to tell you not to give up hope on magiq and opening the Book of Briar just yet. Just in our lodge there’s close to 2 thousand of us trying to open it. Remember that hope is another form of magiq, so as long as you have it, you can do anything!”

3 Likes

I still think we should avoid saying stuff like ''this is insane" or “we happened to get…”. We want her to be confident in us so we have to be confident in how we present ourselves

7 Likes

And I’m still hesitant about mentioning her journal, but I’ll abide by majority sentiment.

6 Likes

How about a combination of all of ours?

2 Likes

I was thinking this too…she’s writing them to someone else, so it might be weird if we’re getting them and can’t explain how

5 Likes

(https://d39z42ofxysd63.cloudfront.net/original/2X/b/b0cc47f0844ab64cb64d6aa4241c7c4feb304b02.m4a

How about this?

7 Likes

Well, eventually she’s going to find out we’re reading them by what we tell her.

2 Likes

Not necessarily. We still don’t know how many specifics she’ll pick up in her dream

7 Likes

If we tell her anything not related to the dreams and she remembers, she would realize.

2 Likes

That’s works!!! I’ve been pronouncing your name wrong also…

4 Likes

Who hasn’t :upside_down:

7 Likes

I haven’t!

And I think what you have there is good, Chey.
EDIT: Maybe specify more Mountaineers than she knows about? She’s obviously part of Augie’s group.

6 Likes

I think that’s something we’ll have to deal with if it comes up, once she trusts us. It’s also possible it’ll never come up, depending on how many dreams we interfere with and what we actually end up doing with this (frankly terrifying) power

2 Likes

I dig it! Short but not emotionless, and definitely leaves room to be mystified-up with some echoes so it’s sufficiently dreamy.

4 Likes