Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

Also sidenote, but time-travelling-dream-magic is now simultaneously the coolest and the most confusing thing I’ve ever been a part of

9 Likes

What we really need is a dream catcher answering machine!

6 Likes

My main hang up is who’s voice. Would she be more receptive to an older or younger voice? A man or woman? Hmmm

4 Likes

We don’t know much yet but we won’t learn more if we don’t send her something and see what happens. I suggest we put something up fairly quickly without over thinking it. We’ll have a few days at the very least to figure out the best way.

9 Likes

I agree that we don’t know what will happen for sure, but we know more than yesterday. We know who we’re talking to, and where our attempted communications maybe manifest themselves.

I’m on team keep it short and sweet for today just to see how it plays out, and then adjust accordingly tomorrow.

From the looks of the entry, even if she has some control over her dream, she chose not to use it to mess with it. So as has been mentioned before in this thread, it looks like she trusts her dreams are trying to tell her something. I hope that plays in our favour.

9 Likes

I agree. Whoever is pulling the strings here wouldn’t give us a new method of communication that would only last a day or two…not if they were really on our side and wanted us to succeed like it seems they are

10 Likes

It’s definitely gonna be a trial and error process! Also I don’t think we have to worry about messing up the time line as much as there aren’t any scary warnings! But we probably shouldn’t do anything to stupid just incase!

3 Likes

Hard to say. If it’s a female voice she may assume it’s Ali talking to her, which might be a benefit. But i don’t think we know enough about to know what she’d respond better to.

And @Nimueh you’re not pushy, just passionate, and that’s always good. :slight_smile:

My experience with lucid dreaming tells me that the core of dreaming is that everything in a dream, every other person, every experience, everything done or said, is at it’s root the dreamer. I just don’t want to shake that foundation by making her think her dreams are coming from someone else. But I think you guys have a good path, and to heck with it. We gotta roll the dice sometimes. Go for it!

13 Likes

So maybe just a message, like a hello and we need Augie’s help?

2 Likes

I will question though. Why do we keep thinking we need Augie’s help? She’s a mountaineer also. She can help us.

Edit: Don’t get me wrong, I likeAugie. But we literally just need a human being in 1994 to talk to the book on our behalf. Heck, maybe Augie is doing his lightning rod thing explicitely so it will buy Kantz the time to open the book.

16 Likes

Sorry, I meant saying the we know Augie. My mind is still in pieces.

6 Likes

Very true, but linking us to Augie seems like a good idea. She can go and check up with him or Tink or someone if we give her a name we’ve used before, and maybe she’ll trust it. Though at the moment I am beginning to lean towards her simply needing to trust herself and us shaking her foundations may not be good. But damn, I don’t like keeping these people so in the dark!

7 Likes

But if we bring Augie into this won’t he find it a bit weird that we are now communicating through dreams?

2 Likes

Maybe, but we can explain that by saying our connection for him failed so we’re trying a different route.

4 Likes

Maybe that’s for later if she starts questioning what’s going on. I don’t know, this could all very easily back fire and force our hand one way or another.

4 Likes

True. But it will most likely happen at a later time, where we would be more prepared to handle it.

2 Likes

(https://d39z42ofxysd63.cloudfront.net/original/2X/7/722ec27f9ea0cc5884171241df905c2f9760f60a.m4a

So this is what I cobbled together.
We can take another stab at it if we’re still going to do a 2 voice message.

I’ll record whatever y’all throw at me.

7 Likes

Okay. But can we do the echo?

2 Likes

That could be done in the editing if we choose to go ahead with the echo.

6 Likes

Yep, I can make whispery echoes in editing if we so choose. I can also add in any music/stuff we want. Depends what you guys think.

2 Likes