Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

We’re just repeating history… And this makes me nervous, even though it’s already happened. How will Augie do it?

Edit: Maybe we could try contacting someone else and tell them what Augie plans on doing?

3 Likes

Unless the contact part of Fletcher Dawson’s site starts working and leads to someone else (or we perhaps receive a different combination for the chronocompass), how are we suppose to get a hold of someone else in 1994?

4 Likes

Magiq? I have no idea, I’m not a temporal wizard… Yet.

4 Likes

WE are seeing the past,and learning what we can.
Maybe we should ask augie what he’s doing about the lightningrod situation. like, how it will be done.

4 Likes

Just free associating here. We could try to perform a warding hex on Augie. It’s designed to protect against magiqal blowback from what I gather.

The major problem with that is, of course, we’d be performing it on someone 23 years in the past. I’m not sure that would even work.

The minor, but still big, problem would be if even it’s even strong enough to combat the Storm.

12 Likes

“Blowback” as in what comes back at the caster of a spell, or as in harmful magiq directed at whomever/whatever the ward is cast upon?

That asked, if it should work for our purposes, I think it’s a good idea. If he’s making himself a lightning rod, it’s possible that he’s in his current state because we did something to keep it from being worse.

7 Likes

Doing the warding spell sounds like a good idea, but I think it is what Augie does to hisself that causes him to get hurt. I mean, what does he have to do to singularly cause the Storm to he attracted to him?

2 Likes

Well, he said he’d be away Monday, so now he’s silent Saturday into Sunday and Sunday into Monday. We have these two days to figure out how we’re going to help and send whatever we can Monday after 4pm.

3 Likes

I’m not sure, but it sounds like what ever he’s planning might be going down -on- Monday.

4 Likes

I have to agree. Is it possible for us to do maybe a set of spells or spell that would still affect him?

2 Likes

While I love the idea of offering Augie some kind of comfort… A spell, like Robert suggested.
However, from what I can see… Im starting to think that this is all set time. Fate has chosen Augie for a task greater then himself… And I don’t know if we can do anything about that…

As for the coordinates (great find btw!) I’m thinking its part of one of the paths? Since Augie is our source I think its safe to say that its part of the Path of Wool.

10 Likes

So would that mean that the Council has existed since before the 17th century? Because that history would be huge.

4 Likes

I think that’s the case, based on my analysis of Sullivan Green’s letters to us and Dierdre, over in the “Lore Speculation” thread. Mobile won’t let me link it.

7 Likes

@Furia Is there anyway you can provide us with the actual email you sent to Augie if you still have the final copy. As well as the attachment you sent with it. I feel like this is information that should be accessible by all mounties on the forum. Thanks!

7 Likes

4 Likes

Hello Augie. My name is Furia, I’m a Weatherwatch at the lodge I’m sending from, I’m glad to hear the word worked and thank you for the numbers, connected to this message is a spell that we used awhile back for one of our close friends. We believe that the numbers that you sent to us lead to a place in New York, but our field person isn’t feeling great and isn’t able to go today

4 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

So hopefully we can get Augie to use the spell on Missouri… That’s is the plan right?

2 Likes

Didn’t Missouri stab Ascender? He probably doesn’t want to be anywhere near her.

3 Likes

Well, she did attack him, but why send the memory spell than? Sender’s mind is fine, and there’s no one else to use it on.

2 Likes