Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

It’s easy to do, we just need to know what we’re saying and who’s doing it.

2 Likes

A small part of me also wonders if keeping whatever we send as short, simple, and emphatic as possible would be the best route. “Leaves swept into a stream” just makes me think that not much detail will come through.

9 Likes

Maybe of we repeat what we’re saying or create an echo effect? Can you do that @Nimueh?

2 Likes

I was kind of interpreting that part as only impressions would get through, no matter the length (unless there’s a file size limit on the submission). Like, if we use what was above, she’d get the impression of safety and the impression that someone was trying to help, even if she doesn’t remember like, the name of who talks to her or the fact that there were mugs of cocoa.

6 Likes

But cocoa…

4 Likes

I mean hopefully she does remember the magical dream cocoa…we can be optimistic about that

5 Likes

Yay!! Optimism!

2 Likes

Echoes are easy.

But in an other point, Viv may be right. The opening isn’t meant to be recalled, just made familiar by repetition to create calm. The message needs to be short and to the point, while also trying to keep her calm and at ease. With dreams, you tend to remember the last few moments before you wake and, to use echoes another way, repetition of key points can also help get the message across even if it’s over multiple nights.

For example: If we say we’re friends of Augie, say we’re here to help her, then go on to say thing else, we’d need to repeat that we’re there to help again at the end of the message. The next night, we’d then use the same or very similar introduction to the conversation. We’re friends of Augie, here to help her etc.

7 Likes

I don’t mind the opening being recalled, it’s just that, an opening, but I think having important parts of the actual message echoing would make it more memorable.

2 Likes

When I say echoes, I mean something like this.
(https://d39z42ofxysd63.cloudfront.net/original/2X/d/d7730a13594735516c0f57d8129b0fa3ee1b2c97.m4a

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s easy, I got a thing that can do it for me or I can manually cut the audio to create it.

4 Likes

Okay who ever suggested that the Fragment title should be “Voices from that past/future” (I’m not sure which it was) well done as that is an amazing title for this fragment!

4 Likes

The echoes could be good just…um…maybe a slightly less creepifying implementation

5 Likes

Well ya. Don’t want a nightmare… Hopefully.

4 Likes

I changed to it to Voices from the Past to the Future, but your’s sounds a bit better.

2 Likes

So are we looking to do more of a conversational style approach instead of the story approach? Like Robert, I am just a little unsure on what is going on now

7 Likes

Does look like conversational might be the best option. Less room for misinterprtation, more direct considering our lack of time…

Should we work on a speaker’s message? Needs to be to the point, calm, but sympathetic to her situation. Repeating ideas would be good if it becomes a little longer.

6 Likes

I think we’ve leaned more towards the conversation approach in the last hour or two. There was earlier talk of using the Ant and the Caterpillow but that sort of fizzled. But I don’t think it’s been totally ruled out if someone has strong feelings either way.

Edit: Also what Nim said

6 Likes

Also, who wants to record the opening and wants to do the dialogue? Opening needs to be calming, maybe even slightly rhythmic speech. Dialogue can be as full of personailty or void of it as whoever wants. I personally think @Mr5yy should say the dialogue part.

6 Likes

If we decide that we need a female voice, I can take a crack at recording what we decide for the story.

12 Likes