Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

Yeah i don’t think we need to overengineer this. As she says, she’s at a precepice, or a key decision moment. Help with the fragment, or retreat and try to hide out the storm. We don’t know which way she ‘historically’ went.

We have a window into her dreams (I say odd things around here…odder than usual anyway) and we all probably want her to help with the fragment, cause that’s what Sullivan and the BoB opened this window for us to do.

We need to tell her a story with a moral that points in that direction . Either come up with our own, or use one we have. Then we need to record it and send it. It doesn’t have to involve us. Once we put her on the path things will likely work out.

Oh, and ideally we do all this by midnight EST tonight (so in the next 13.6 hours). We don’t know when she’ll make her own decision without our input.

19 Likes

Like leaves swept into a stream, are sounds and stories in a dream. This makes me think that no matter what we tell her she probably won’t remember any of it when she wakes up (by the way I’m going with the idea that she only gets our messages when shes asleep). But her actions might be subconsciously influenced by what we say.

14 Likes

That’s dreams for you.

5 Likes

One of the most unreliable communication methods as she could just discard our messages as a crazy dream

3 Likes

So like @Robert and I said, let’s come up with a story that leads her away from going into hiding and puts her back on track for the fragment. Any of our Campfire prodigies want to take a crack at it? cough @Deyavi cough @Viviane cough @Remus

9 Likes

First thought: have the dream be something where she shows bravery and courage in the face of adversity.

Second thought (that I’ve actually poked at): it sounds like Ali may feature in her dreams with some amount of frequency (if she’s her daughter, then that would make sense). I thought I might try coming up with something involving her that could get a message through. Open to any/all suggestions:

Grown Ali goes to the mailbox. A package is inside.

She takes the package into the house to open it. The package contains a green book. The front reads The Book of Briars.

She opens the book, but the pages do not look like they should.

The first page shows two clocks joined together like links in a chain, and the word INLAUDETUS.

She turns the page. It is blank.

Then it is not. Words appear, as if someone is writing.

The left page reads “We helped through Augernon. Let us help through you.” A large number 14 takes up the page on the right.

12 Likes

As @Deyavi said last night, Ali could be Climber. So maybe a story about modern day Climber or something that happened to her?

3 Likes

I thought so too, I just didn’t get here until after everything happened with KS, so my knowledge is pretty limited on the AlisonB/Climber front.

7 Likes

I came at the end of Fragment 9, so anything around that time or before I have very limited knowledge on.

3 Likes

We didn’t know much about Alison before the stuff with KS. Basically she was just a nice person who helped us solve puzzles from time to time. Here is her profile if you want to read her post history, there’s nothing revealing her personal life that I’m aware of, though.

After KS, we got access to Teddy’s logs, which had an entry on ‘Climber’ who we learned was Alison in the final livestream of the cosmos lock. The entry’s gone from the site now that KS’s site was nuked, but the entry is floating around here somewhere

5 Likes

Maybe if we reveal what happened to Climber to Knatz?

3 Likes

My vote is to not tell her that Climber was probably tortured for months while being forced to try to open a portal to another dimension only to narrowly escape the Storm that just clearly traumatized Knatz in another time.

I’ll continue to say that I think a (generic) positive story would be a really great option about being brave and succeeding against daunting odds would be the best choice.

15 Likes

Well, obviously not the torture, unless we REALLY needed to get through and even then… That would provide quite the nightmare.

Edit: I can’t think of many positive stories other than The Ant and the Caterpillar… Possibly something that we’ve accomplished?

4 Likes

I can’t for the life of me think of any off hand, but if Ali’s a kid at this point, maybe we can send a reading of a children’s story she would have read her that deals with bravery. It could potentially play off a memory she already has, giving it a better chance of the message getting through.

6 Likes

That’s a pretty good idea. Do we have anything from Fletcher Dawson? Unless the Ant and the Caterpillar are that is. Augie said he read them, so there’s a chance kid Ali would have or atleast been read to.

4 Likes

Okay, dreams are very round about in their workings. I mean, how many of you here have lucid dreams and/or frequently remember dreams? Often things are symbolic, and you can’t see things you’ve never seen before. Care is needed in a completely different manner to the previous messages. Minute descriotion can make things be more real, and thus more likely o be remembered. Don’t always think of just what someone is seeing either. Although many may not think it or have experienced it, other sense can be present in a dream based on our past experiences, and it’s these things that help the memory.

9 Likes

I personally would throw my vote for the Ant and the Caterpillow right now. We were given this story for a reason, maybe Sullivan/the BoB had this planned all along. I just don’t see a reason to “reinvent the wheel” so to speak, when we have a perfectly good story right in front of us dealing with exactly what we are talking about. But I am also totally game to create our own story, I was just giving my own two cents

14 Likes

I don’t know if telling her about Alison would make any difference, but if we do, I think it’s best just to kind of glaze over that bit. Just mention that she will grow up to be an amazing and brave woman who is willing to do anything to see magiq returned to the world. We don’t need to tell her about KS, at least not at this moment.

5 Likes

That’s out reason for focusing on Ali. Knatz already is dreaming about her, so maybe if we could find something about Ali, we could send it.

3 Likes

@Brendon making our own story sounds awesome! Maybe later on, when we understand how this works more we could do it.

And @Revenir is right about glancing over the bad parts.

5 Likes