Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

Okay. @Robert, we need to use your smooth, silky voice.

Edit: If we have to read something, your still doing it. Peer pressure!

7 Likes

I really like the ā€œvoicemailā€ idea. Should we come up with a script?

7 Likes

How about this for the beginning?

"Hello there!

Sorry for this, weā€™re trying a new system and donā€™t know entirely how it works."

7 Likes

I feel we should add that weā€™re Mountaineers, since that caught Augieā€™s attention. Maybe something like ā€œWeā€™re Mountaineers and weā€™re looking for Augie. Can you help us?ā€

9 Likes

Okay soā€¦

"Hello there!

Sorry for this, weā€™re trying a new system and donā€™t entirely understand it just yet. We are Mountaineers looking for a man named Augie. Could you help us find him? (Or) Can you help us?"

9 Likes

Sounds good to me, that way we can figure out what will happen with this new limitation. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

You know what? Iā€™ve had a good life. Sure, Iā€™ll offer my voice to the potential soul sucking, voice stealing storm zombie mountaineers that are out there.

We really think this is a good idea? Iā€™ll record something to offer to the group to vote on.

(In technical terms Iā€™ve been toying with how to do this. I have a voice recorder on my phone. But it only records .m4a files which the site wonā€™t allow. I found a website for free online which will convert .m4a to .mp3, which I apparently can upload. http://online-audio-converter.com/)

10 Likes

One very, very minor edit, I would maybe say ā€œCould you help us get in contact with him?ā€, has the same sort of ā€œhelp us find himā€ approach but isnā€™t necessarily going to scare the person we are in contact with

11 Likes

Thatā€™s sounds even better!!! So final one!

"Hello there!

Sorry for this, weā€™re trying a new system and donā€™t entirely understand it just yet. We are Mountaineers looking for a man named Augie. Could you help us contact him?"

5 Likes

Hereā€™s my best stab at this. I went off script because I couldnā€™t resist being a smartassā€¦ itā€™s my defense mechanism when Iā€™m doing insane things.

(https://d39z42ofxysd63.cloudfront.net/original/2X/5/5c9b2b9c54670bf8ebdf394bdcd16e69cfadcca6.mp3

Any criticism or changes are welcome.

16 Likes

Sounds good to me! Fingers crossed thereā€™s no soul sucking voice thieves on the other side!

4 Likes

:ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand: Amazing

3 Likes

Eh, Balimoran. We expect things to be a little off-script.

Seriously though, it sounds great. Thank you so much for doing this! Letā€™s see what we get back. Hopefully itā€™s not a backwards-smack-talking evil mind-eraser on the other end.

10 Likes

If @Robert is trapped by maqic we salute you! O7

4 Likes

Well. I think I sent it. I attached the file. Hit send. It gave me a brief progress bar like it was uploading the file, and the send button greyed out and itā€™s just sitting here staring at me now.

DidItWork

No idea if it did something or not. I guess weā€™ll see.

10 Likes

Feels like the Voyager Data disks.

9 Likes

We should make a Google Doc (if we even can) for the voice recordings to keep track. Also the message sounds awesome @Robert!

EDIT: I forgot to mention this before but the text ā€œLike leaves swept into a stream, are sounds and stories in a dream. What will you send?ā€ makes me feel like the site is judging me. :joy:

13 Likes

So I guess now we waitā€¦maybe brainstorm some more places that the compass or journal might react? Or somewhere else to start looking for a new potential fragment?

4 Likes

I think we just wait for whatever comes across at midnight, then go from there. :confused:

9 Likes

If we canā€™t save the actual files in one place like that, we could always transcribe them into a Google doc.

5 Likes