Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

So dead rabbitvto battery park is west. Weatherwatch
Ne to bowling green. Flint
Se to the tavern. Thornwatch

I’ll do the rest after my kids stop screaming about not wanting to sleep. If no one else does that is.

12 Likes

As best I can figure. (And no, it doesn’t work.)

-The starting point

walk SW (Balimora)

-Dead Rabbit

walk W (WW)

-Battery Park (Sailor Statue about rescuing people - Gosssmere?)

NE (Flint)

-Bowling Green / National Archives (archives = Thornmouth?)

SE (Thorn)

-Fraunces Tavern (?)

NE (Flint)

-Hanover Square (?)

E (Eben)

-Pier 15

BWFTFE? I guess I’m wrong somewhere. Not the first time. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

It has a delightful brunch menu, which is a strong Gossmere trait.

10 Likes

suddenly feels a much stronger internal pull towards Gossmere

9 Likes

I remember reading that they stopped using the inside of Stadt Huys (the cream/yellow bricks by the Portal Down to Old New York) for government business and moved next door to Lovelace’s because the water line was lapping at the foundation and making the building unsafe/made people afraid the building would cave in. So maybe Ebenguard for that one?

3 Likes

What about trying to figure out what was in these locations back at the end of the 17th century, since we start with the Portal Down to Old New York?

Edit: found a better map.

13 Likes

I’m still liking the directions. I’m just unclear what they are.

Here’s my 3rd grade art skills in action.

That looks like

SW, NW (could be W?), NE (could be E?), SE, NE, E

But none of those work. And now I must sleep.

Edit: Come to think of it. Didn’t Cole technically stop in Battery park twice? Once near the top of the park. Once at the statue. That’s an extra stop. Wonder if it counts? So that’d be…SW, NW, SE, NE (or E?), SE, NE E. Neither work either. Bah

10 Likes

This is intriguing. First we were talking through time to Augie, so looking back in time for clues has potential. Plus, we were given the starting point for a reason…surely it would have been just as easy to pick something in the neighborhood that was more relevant to today…

3 Likes

Maybe we have to find which of the listed area have a historical value?

3 Likes

So I went through the previous posts, and found every place that Cole was taken to a location and the Chronocompass stopped him. Here is what I have come up with with Cole’s stops:

I put two markers down in Battery Park, as he stopped twice, once at the top near a bathroom/bike park/old flag pole thing, and once at the sailor statue. For Batter Park #1, I used The Netherlands Monument, I don’t know if this is right, but the Monument is an old flag staff at it is near the top of the park, for Battery Park #2, I used Merchant Mariners Monument (I can’t remember its actual name).

Anyway, it gets a bit iffy direction wise, but I tried a number of combinations:

BGWETFE (SW NW W E SE NE E)
BGWFTFE (SW NW W NE SE NE E)
BGWETFF (SW NW W E SE NE NE)
BGWFTFF (SW NW W NE SE NE NE)
BGBFTFF (SW NW SW NE SE NE NE)
BGBFTFE (SW NW SW NE SE NE E)

None of them worked. But there is quite a bit more variability with the directions than all of what I tried. Maybe one of you has a better idea, or can think of a better location for Battery Park #1 or Battery Park #2

@CRSumner - Is the Netherlands Monument where the compass stopped you?

9 Likes

If it makes you feel any better about the Netherland Monument choice, that’s my guess too for that one.

3 Likes

i feel like the place with the good whiskey bar would be the ebbie placement. but thats me.
plus given it was a n HQ for the Revolution.

good work everyone!

2 Likes

Don’t forget, if this is leading to another code, it could have guilds more than once.

6 Likes

Well done guys!

2 Likes

From what I looked up before bed, it looks like about half of those places are on made land. I have a desk shift later; if everyone else hasn’t already cracked it by then, I’ll try to see if they were islands or wrecks of significance that could translate to guilds.

3 Likes

Are there any other clues to the pattern than how Summer’s visited each location? Could there be something in the last message from Augie?

3 Likes

I doubt it - Fletcher or Sullivan seem to have control over the actual time magiq. Augie seems to be just as “innocent” a participant as we are.

5 Likes

Running through @Brendon’s map and various variations. A slight tweak to what he had just worked for me.

BGWETFE (SW NW W E SE NE E)

Good job @Brendon!

Edit: The methodology I basically used to decide between E and NE was ‘which one is it closer to?’ that seemed to work.

11 Likes

I just used that sequence as well after looking at @Brendon’s map! I got 12 chimes.

9 Likes

Ohhhh. I’m at work so I can’t do it yet…

2 Likes