Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

I think you did exactly what you needed to do, Cole. Go have that Whiskey.

10 Likes

Are there any more landmarks nearby?

3 Likes

nothing really. a dog park? phoneā€™s about to die but Iā€™ll retrace back to Hanover park and see if it does anything, then call Dee and let her know what happened. will update if thereā€™s a change.

hey, missed you guys.

19 Likes

Forgot about the battery. I guess you donā€™t have too long then.

3 Likes

Missed you too Cole

7 Likes

Thereā€™s a pretty big gap between Hanover park and the pier.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the map Rimor, itā€™s really handy! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

So, according to the most recent post that lists all of the locations, we have six, right? Not counting the coordinates we got from the past BoB. Are we assuming these places make another combination that will unlock the chronocompass again?

3 Likes

We have 7 locations:
Battery Park
Bowling Green
The Dead Rabbit
Fraunces Tavern Museum
Portal down to Old New York
Hanover Square
Pier 15

3 Likes

6? 6 elements?
Could they each represent one of the guilds elements?

4 Likes

Dead Rabbit (Balimora?)
Battery Park (Sailor Statue about rescuing people - Gosssmere? Weatherwatch?)
Bowling Green / National Archives (archives = Thornmouth?)
Fraunces Tavern (?)
Hanover Square (?)
Some boat at Pier 15 (Weatherwatch?)

4 Likes

Sounds morbid. Probably right.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t looked at the coordinates on the map, but when I was looking into the sites right on the coordinates, it seemed to me that Fraunces Tavern was like right around the corner or something? So maybe a stretch but it COULD count as a repeat down the line?

3 Likes

Ill bet anything to do with charity or empathy is Aether (Gossmere) related, and the boat fits Light (Weatherwatch) very well. Dead Rabbit makes sense for Wilds (Balimora), and the archives are clearly Thoughts (Thornmouth) relatedā€¦
Tides (Ebenguard) could be the Tavern? Leaving Ore (Flinterforge) the park?

9 Likes

Or. It could be the directions he walked that are important and not the locations at all. At one point he clearly said he was going east.

11 Likes

ā€œFraunces Tavern is a landmark museum and restaurant in New York City, situated at 54Pearl Street at the corner of Broad Street. The location played a prominent role in history before, during and after the American Revolution, serving as a headquarters forGeorge Washington, a venue for peace negotiations with the British, and housing federal offices in the Early Republic.ā€

Fraunces Tavern has a lot of historical connections to the American Revolution. The historical aspect makes me think maybe Thornmouthā€¦? Or the political revolution aspect makes me think maybe Ebenguard. Anyone wanna try digging something up about the place that might help indicate what guild it might represent?

5 Likes

Do the areas make a symbol?

2 Likes

That makes a ton of sense, Robert. It would also be the reason why he returned to some of the locations.

9 Likes

Yeah, now that you say that it does seem like the directions could be important. Could those be a key to opening the Dawson Chronocompass page again; maybe each direction travelled corresponds to the position of a guild?

9 Likes

Going off of Vivā€™s idea, could it overlap on top of the Chronocompass?

2 Likes