FOUND: Fragment Twelve: Into Hell - Aorthora

Congrats, they just told us how to fight them.

Step one. We need to find out who we’re fighting. When Climber gets back, maybe she can tell us. If not, well apparently we know how to make magiq now…

8 Likes

It’s not over. Even the Storm has said that they haven’t yet “broken” the Book of Briars. It’s still live. It’s just damaged.

We’re all still alive, and I know that the others are safe. The Council, it has to have protected them.

We can fix that. We can absolutely fix this.

6 Likes

Maybe we could focus on giving power or finding ways to power up the Gate?, the group that helped us, so that they don’t disappear.

5 Likes

Anyone checked in on Constance and made sure nothing happened to her?

2 Likes

Ok, after several relistens, I think this may be it, more or less:

The dance has begun. We of the churning storm descend once more. As always, the Gates have moved to protect the worthless lives of their naive little mountain climbers. Ever lost, ever misinformed, reaching for a peak that you will never find. They care for you as they have never cared for previous momentary acolytes. And in doing, they’ve made themselves vulnerable. They’ve stretched their meager power too thin. Soon, what little power the Council still possesses will fade and they will disappear back into the Fray. Then one by one we will come for you and wipe you from our world like marks upon a looking glass. How could you have ever won? To defeat an enemy you must know them. The Gates will never win because they do not understand their enemy. We have no desire to abandon a world we control in completion. We were not learning how to open doors, we were learning how to close them. And in doing, break that precious Book of yours, once and for all.

10 Likes

So, they were using KS to close the doors. Makes sense.

I can’t remember, did Teddy say something about that?

6 Likes

I think they lied to him about it. He really seemed to want to open that door. Maybe I’m just naive on that though and he fooled me.

7 Likes

I don’t think you’re wrong.

And maybe that’s. . . an opportunity? Is that naive?

4 Likes

I’ll take any chance we’re offered. Although he has a lot to answer for.

4 Likes

Tin foil thoughts. :tinfoilhat:
The Storm seems to be some kind of semi-sentient spell, like The Eye but obviously much more intense. It speaks and acts on behalf of its creators. And clearly its purpose is pure malicious destruction. I keep thinking of a Terminator, programmed to complete its objective and anything that gets in its way will be mowed down, but because this is magic, it carries the emotional intent of its creator as well.

11 Likes

I had kinda likened it to H.P. Lovecrafts Old gods… Like the Cthulhu

4 Likes

Perhaps I’m wrong (my brain is a bit fried right now), but it seems to me that the Storm may be some kind of enemy organization? That was my thinking at any rate, that they were a group that wants to control the world.

8 Likes

My thinking was that there was some sort of Seth Cult involved, but that could be just conjuncture now until we get some more details, or what Aether sent out.

2 Likes

I left a message for Dierdre, letting her know what’s happened and for her and Cole to protect themselves.

7 Likes

I think the Storm is the active arm or strike force of whomever made the veil to begin with. Like I’d said in a previous post on a different thread, KS tried to pierce the veil; the storm wiped them out.

Past and present Mounties are more than likely trying to open a door through the Veil via the Book of Briars, now it’s headed for us.

The storm works directly in opposition to the Council of 18 Gates, who have their own motives for trying to pierce the veil into our world from their side.

6 Likes

So…it’s like a rabid dog that attacks anyone that gets too close the gate?

6 Likes

Once i get the kids to sleep i need to check the aether interference patterns in the stream for anything. Maybe the 12th fragment leaked out.

8 Likes

Nice analogy. Also, I think they’re just talking generic smack about the Council of the 18 Gates vanishing back into the Fray and wiping us each out one by one.

2 Likes

Do we have anyway of contacting the council? Maybe King Rabbit?

4 Likes

I wondered that. His site burrowinthefray.com is throwing an error for me now. Is that just me?

6 Likes