SOLVED: Constellations Fragments Nine-Twelve

I gave the live stream another listen last night, and something doesn’t sit well with me:. Why was Martin yelling at Aether at the end, and sounding pretty angry? It leads me to believe Aether did something brave and foolish. It also makes me wonder which side of the veil he ended up on - our’s or the Council’s. I think Portentia, Climber/Alison and Martin probably all crossed, I’m not so sure about @Aether.

3 Likes

If Aether made copies of all the data, maybe he copied himself. If we could find the data, we have a chance at finding him and the rest

1 Like

I think you’re right. I got the impression Marty was yelling at Aether because Aether was trying to do something to hold Teddy and/or the storm back so the others could escape.

The last fragment appeared right at the time Marty yelled ‘Jeremy’ (Aether’s real name). Maybe Aether escaped into the computers at the last second. Don’t know.

5 Likes

It probably isn’t relavent but the book of briars appears more wind torn to me then burned…like worn away by sand as opposed to burnt edges…

And I agree…I wonder where everyone ended up…I hope we hear something soon…

5 Likes

Has anyone reversed the Audio?

1 Like

Yes, and @Revenir was kind enough to post a transcript here:

FOUND: Fragment Twelve: Into Hell - Aorthora - #327 by Revenir

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about these constellations. They don’t match any in our world (even from other cultures, like “dark cloud constellations”), so I’m assuming they are in the sky on the other side of the veil. Do we have any maps or pictures to reference from previous fragments?

I tried matching them to the stars on the left side of this page, but nothing jumped out at me:

Any other thoughts?

2 Likes

Durkonus looks like Cassiopeia…and look what I found when looking it up

Reference to it being a pac-man cluster…probably just a coincidence…

Gladitor reminds me of Crux or the southern cross…

2 Likes

As far as I’m aware, nothing with constellations or maps in the last two assessments. The animal fragments from the second assessment did seem to have a bit of a cosmicky background, but that’s about all I can think of.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about the names of the constellations both because I can’t think of any other leads at the moment and also because I need something to work on to cope with everything that has happened.

So the only thing I can come up with for Galifanx is it’s possible connection to the prefix meaning “rooster” which is also “gali” and we have established this before with Galluskulk.

Gladitor seems fairly self-explanatory. Gladitor sounds a lot like “gladiator” and the constellation looks like a sword. Easy enough.

Durkonos was interesting. Dur can mean firm or stable as in “durable” but “durko” is also a Czech name meaning farmer. “Nos” typically has to do with knowledge as is “know” or “gnosis”. To me the constellation looks like a sunrise over a mountain so perhaps it’s a constellation about or important to farming?

Authora is another tricky one. “Au” tends to mean “to yourself” as in “auto” and “thora” relates to the body. Also if you squint and don’t try too hard you could say it looks kind of like a person? So maybe it’s a constellation of a person. Or something.

I might be going crazy.

3 Likes

The most recent one reminds me of “aorta,” the main channel of blood from the heart to the body.

5 Likes

It sort of looks like one as well. And that would relate to the bodily meaning of thora.

2 Likes

So a rooster…a farm or sun rising…a fighter…and oneself…

At the sign of a Rooster, a rising sun, a fighter will rise/show oneself? At least that’s where my mind went…also interesting side note it is the year of the rooster this year…

Could the number of “stars” mean anything? (5, 6, 6, 6)

3 Likes

Aothora looks like the middle part of Cancer (or maybe even Hercules) to me.

3 Likes

Perhaps each constellation is associated with the animal and plant from their respective order in their phase? Like maybe the fraylilly is typically associated with the creature Brachursis and the constellation Galifanx, Eye-of-the-moons with Galluskulk and the constellation Gladitor, and so on?

It could be that in order to assemble the book or find the next fragment, we need to look at all of the past phases as a whole narrative and not as separate or disconnected chapters.

3 Likes

So (I wasn’t around, more veteran voices can correct me), for the first key, the fragment was scraps of paper which were pieced to make a recipe. For the second key, the fragments were tiles that fit together in a certain configuration to make the Tetrahedron. This third key are constellations - how do constellations fit together? Contiguous portions of sky? A way to navigate to a destination? To ascribe personality traits to people born in different months of the year? How else are constellations used?

5 Likes

Constellations are primarily storytelling, specifically mythology. Every constellation we know in our realm has a mythological story attached to it. Of course we don’t know what stories might be attached to these.

Just as we began the constellation fragments we started an exploration of the constellations on the Basecamp logo. I don’t know if it has anything to do with these constellations, and we never really got anywhere with it, but it’s here The New Logo if anyone wants to have a look.

2 Likes

I’ve been wondering if these constellations either
a) fit together to make a new single constellation, or
b) create a path/pattern in the sky leading to a final answer

3 Likes

I’ve googled I’ve rearanged, I’ve puzzled but it’s got me stumped… the only thing I can think of is if there’s a page of the brias and the points of the star would need to be pressed in a specific order or something but until we can fix the book…

3 Likes

The other fragments fit together outside of the book.I can’t help but believe these do, too.

4 Likes