FOUND : Fragment Fifteen: Reunions and Revivals - Gnascorius

My vote would be yes.

My only obstacle currently: what do we name them that is decidedly different so at a glance people know what they are, but still know they’re connected to this?

I was debating overall calling them Back to the Future, and then specifying from there.

Does that work for people? Or is too much of a copyright infringement?

8 Likes

That sounds perfect to me!

3 Likes

Before we split up, maybe we could post a little summary of each task here to help people choose? Especially for people (like me) who weren’t around for the previous big spells? Or maybe were on here less this past week and missed the stuff about the spell we and Ascender have?

8 Likes

It brings great hope to see @Benefactor here and guiding us, and I think there’s an incredible plan in place to lasso Nate the Storm and have him help us. I hope we can have the souls in the Storm surrender like Teddy said, so we can finally put them all to rest.

I’m more than happy to help out working on anything building up to 9/23, spell crafting, stories, organizational skills, or being generally upbeat and supportive, but I’m not going to be able to be there for you guys on 9/23 and it’s absolutely breaking my heart. I have serious obligations in my mundane life that I simply can’t set aside, and I sincerely hope that each of you can find it in yourselves to forgive me for not being there during your time of greatest need.

That being said, if we don’t end up striking at the Storm between now and 9/23, I would happily surrender the gathered energies from Operation Gladitor to the grand casting. 9/23 is also my namesake’s birthday, so I’ll send any extra luck I come across that day your way.

Lastly, if Deirdre is willing to part with it, I think the Little Red House would be a comparable trade across time. I think a story about a little boy and his father are probably where the money’s at for convincing Nate to help us.

15 Likes

Ill be here, and ill help to call the corners so that we may gather as much magiq as we can.
We got this mounties! Lets reach this summit!!

4 Likes

I can help describe the steps better in a bit.

As for people who cannot be there in the 23rd. There is precedence that the warding hex, Calling The Corners can be done before, even days before the spell they are meant to aid. Sullivan had his hex in place a day or two begire his big spell. Our hex for deeds was fine a full week before her spell to wake up.

Perhaps we can aim to have the hex done Thursday or Friday before the 23rd so more people who can’t make the 23rd participate

12 Likes

Very good idea. Why don’t a group of people who can’t be here on the 23rd take that section then? You can work out between you when is most convenient for you to cast.

8 Likes

The latest I’ll be able to actually help out with anything live is Wednesday night, but please please please don’t schedule anything around me specifically. I’m very happy to play a supporting role in all of this, and grateful that I’m even here to see this moment in this “timeline” with you all counted as friends.

11 Likes

Okay so before we split this into threads. Here are the three big things I think we need. This will be light on in depth detail until we get to the individual threads.

1. Calling the Corners - This is a warding hex (like literally a hexagon) used to gather and stabalize magical energies. This has been used in the past to protect Sullivan from horrible backlash he might have incurred from letting loose raw Figuration magiq when he cast his protection on Deidre.

This involves at least 6 people, ideally, but not madantory one from each guild to participate. I’m sure we could very easily work out a way for more than 6 people to help. Each person needs a focus object that has some association to one of the 6 Elements. The six people ‘charge’ their focus and arrange them in such a way that each one points to the next object geographically. Causing a 6 sided shape to be formed.

This can be done before the big day in preperation.

1. The Lantern of Low Hollow - This is the spell we have found half of, and we need to get the other half from Ascender. With Ascender’s half, we can hear the storm. With our half, we can control it. Other than the words we don’t know a lot about the mechanics of this spell.

This team should brainstorm ideas to ‘Mountaineerize’ the spell. How can we supercharge it to face something bigger, and badder than it was probably ever designed to control? Add objects? Add stories? Add funny hats?

1. Stories for a Storm - The last team goes if the first two are successful. Once we have control of the storm, we have to tell it what to do. This is high class figuration magiq. We need a story so compelling that the Storm, or more rather Nate within the Storm, wants to get the Book of Brairs for us from 1998 more than anything. And how do we ‘Mountaineerize’ this Story? Incorporate multiple authors doing chapters? Write a play instead of a Story and act it out? Write a song featuring @Nimueh and her all Mountaineer orchestra? Let’s get creative.

Second task. This group may also be tasked with writing the Story to tell the Storm to disperse itself. This could be worked into the first story, or be a separate effort, and maybe a separate team, but for now that’s keep these together.

There’s a hell of a lot of ‘how’, ‘who’ and ‘what’ to figure out, but this should be the boilerplate.

I think those are a good start for 3 threads anyway. And @Ginger, I think your idea of a common start to the title, then the breakdown title is great for the threads.

13 Likes

I volunteer the Operation Gladitor energies for this if they don’t already get used. It’s nearly complete; we’re only missing one component story to have a full complement for the spell. It’s a figuration allegory of us standing up to the bully of the Silver/the Storm.

Edit: Once we have the last component, it’s ready to be released by reciting a quick key phrase from each story.

10 Likes

Brilliant idea, @Augustus_Octavian

5 Likes

I can add energy from Operation Aorthora to the Spells as well.
It would probably be best in Calling or the Lantern.
I can also add another sigil to it if need be!
he says while clearly still needing a nap from the spell drain

10 Likes

For our safety and sanity, let’s leave those spells where they lay.

8 Likes

Other topics have been created.

http://forum.ackerlygreen.com/t/back-to-the-future-part-one-calling-the-corners/1491?u=ginger

http://forum.ackerlygreen.com/t/back-to-the-future-part-two-the-sound-of-the-storm/1492?u=ginger

http://forum.ackerlygreen.com/t/back-to-the-future-part-three-telling-the-tallest-tale/1493?u=ginger

Let the planning begin.

12 Likes

go ginger go!

6 Likes

Would it be a good idea make a list and have people sign-up, draw lots, or something to assign them to a specific Part? That way we don’t have people spread out over two or all of them. And I don’t mean they can’t help with the other Parts, just that when the time comes, they would do that specific one, so there’s no mix up.

9 Likes

I was going to add a running list to each topic for the parts people want to be involved in. Glad someone else thought of it too :relaxed:

8 Likes

The Forged are ready to help out as always. Just adding me where I need to go :flinterforge:

3 Likes

Ascender’s online

11 Likes

Speaking of which, where is the link for the site? Just so I can check when I have the chance.

2 Likes