Flintershop Orientation (A Flinterforge Intro Thread)

:joy: untrustworthy tubes. Poor little guys :joy:

5 Likes

Welcome @Disoa :blush:

6 Likes

I love to create and love to try new things :slight_smile: Just today some friends and I made a bridge after school and it was sooo much fun lol. Got pretty dirty but nothing a good shower couldn’t fix xD. I guess I was drawn to the raw truth of Flinterforge- how fearless you have to be to expose yourself and your passions to the world.

8 Likes

Yo I’m sort of a mix of thorn and finter. I’m a big ticker so if I don’t understand how it works then will usually break it down and figure out how it works. I once stripped down an engine to find out how it works. My dad taught me how to fix it afterwards. I love tinkering with things or building things from the ground up.

9 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m Hestia, an obvious reference to the Greek goddess of hearth and community. I just joined the forum but I’m so excited to delve deeper into everything!

In the mundane, I’m currently studying for a bachelor’s degree in Genetics and doing DNA repair research along with my normal classes. Research takes up a ton of my free time, but I enjoy dancing, reading, yoga, and learning as much random knowledge as I can in my free time. I also love any and all animals, but sadly don’t own any pets :sob:

I took the guide twice and got Flinter each time, so I guess this is where I’m supposed to be! I don’t resonate quite as strongly with physically fixing things as much as other Flinters I’ve seen, but I love to study how our body fixes itself and figure out how that works. I’m also always moving my hands and I hate being still. I love to solve problems and find solutions, just like most of you, and I’m really excited to be here!

14 Likes

We’re glad to have you Hestia! Flinterforge is about all sorts of creativity, so while some of us are more hands-on-inclined, we’re not exclusive to any one particular medium. We’re all about the process here, and it sounds like your work requires quite a bit of ingenuity and creativity!

8 Likes

Welcome, @Hestia! (My favorite Greek goddess, btw; she does not get enough attention.) I’ll totally back up what Tinker said about the process being key here. Fixing DNA totally counts, and is wicked cool besides. :blush: What kind of dance are you into?

8 Likes

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and I have training in ballet and jazz, but I find myself taking contemporary, lyrical, and musical theatre classes lately!

8 Likes

I want to thank @Viviane and @Tinker for accepting me into Flinterforge. This guilds description is what drew me into all of this magiq.

The name Calm is something I took from my insta name and is part of my nature to be a calming or grounding personality. I ascribe to the Bruce Lee quote “Be like water”; I think that there is a difference between struggle and resistance and that we must surrender resistance to embrace struggle and growth.

In the mundane I work for a Coffee roastery and commit myself to learning jiu jitsu, boxing and forms of movement. I was a school teacher for some times and love holistic learning still.

Flinterforge captured me at once. I took the test a couple of times out of curiosity and the quirks of technology but Flinter held strongest. The symbol also reminded me of the myth of Prometheus and the words “A day spent without soiled hands is a day wasted” gripped me. That it is the harmony of thought, passion and action resonate with me. I have the words “Heads, Hearts and Hands” tattooed in me for the same belief. That it is through commitment, thought and passion that we change the world and create.

In the magiq I know I am Flinterforge for I love the idea of exploring curious treatments and processes to improve lives. To be an alchemist or artificer would be a joy to explore Alchemical Transfigurations and Assembling Runes.

14 Likes

Sweet another Flinter in the coffee world.
I’m a barista on the cafe side of a roastery , what is your position in your roastery, @Calm?

6 Likes

@Tungstenedge hey mate. I’ve worked the bar for a while and after seeing a decline in the demand for alternate processes and filter I moved away from coffee. I’ve been working in the roastery as an ‘assistant roaster’ which is a nice way of saying Jack of all trades. I split the bulk of my time between deliveries and weighing & packing beans. It’s not particularly glamourous a lot of my work is either driving or fixing and cleaning equipment and machines. I like the repair and problem solving side of things as no two machines are the same and each has quirks of personality that you need to listen to so that you can help them.

8 Likes

Hey all, I’m Mellie (a nickname someone gave me that kind of stuck but not really). I’m almost done high school and about to head into uni for engineering, so it makes sense that I got flinter, though I’ve also been sorted into thornmouth.
In general I’m someone that does a bit of everything, and think that you need both knlwledge and creativity to thrive in society, so this seems to match me pretty well! Hope to get to know you all better over time :smile:

13 Likes

I agree with your statement about the importance of both knowledge and creativity. Also, nice to meet you.

4 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m not exactly new but I’ve been gone for a truly long time, I’m hoping to get back into telling stories through the eyes of my character. It’ll be interesting brining my character back in after such a long time.

8 Likes

Hey, Alec! Good to see you again! Let us know if you have any questions about what’s been going on around here.

Also, the Guild topics are considered “in world,” so it’s generally better to talk in character rather than meta in this area.

5 Likes

Hi, I’m Eden, I’m new and still figuring stuff out such as where to catching up on past happenings- So I’m not sure I’ll be of much help at the moment. (I’ll probably ask questions too)

My day job is working in a cancer center and be an EMT. At night, I bartend sometimes and enjoy reading, writing, and figuring out how to build/craft stuff for my apt and plotting new places to travel and gaming. I’m busy, but it keeps my hands and mind moving.

If I could have a magiqal job… I think I’d like to make and fit magical prosthesis and and other items (and greenhouses- I like to those). Maybe research the best way to have a sustainable relationship between the use of magiq and the cultivation of it.

7 Likes

Hi, I am @the_godmother mostly in reference to the movie but also a long time nickname of the fairy from Cinderella. I have a lot of interests, mostly anything to do with creating anything, whether it be worlds, art or stories. I also can be described as very determined, mostly branching off from being underestimated because of my age so I guess that can be considered a strength and a fault lol. So far, I’m really enjoying this whole storyline and immersive world. :relaxed: :relaxed:

9 Likes

Welcome to Flinterforge! I’m glad you’ve found your way to our guild! Do you have a favorite creativity outlet, or are you a try-a-lot-of-things type person?

4 Likes

I guess my favorite creative outlet is writing and creating my own worlds in my stories and my own characters

7 Likes

Hi! I’ve been lurking around the forum for a few days now, and I figure it would be good to actually introduce myself here! I’m Wyvern, and I’m a college student. I’m majoring in psychology and anthropology with a minor in history, and I love making things. I tend to mostly do fiber arts like cross-stitch and bobbin lace, but I really enjoy the more down-and-dirty kinds of arts too! I did 3D art in high school and I’ve had experience with soldering, circuitry, and a lot of other weird things.
In fact I’m considering going into “heritage conservation” after I graduate, because it involves restoring places and things from the past to new life and I love the theoretical ideas behind that and the fact that I’d get to do such hands-on work. I love feeling like my hands know exactly what to do to make something real and present.
Edit: I somehow forgot to mention, but I’m also interested in zookeeping and aquarium science, so I’ve done a lot of work with a lot of different animals, from owls to axolotls to porcupines (one of which is actually the oldest rodent in the world!)

12 Likes