The Welcome Super Topic

Hi @eternalhearts, thanks for the welcome and knowing someone else of lurker/anxious variety is on here being sociable is reassuring. Void suggested a couple threads of pets and current read so I’m perusing those, the work one seems too much out of my level. Probably go search for the books one though and lurk there, got the wiki bookmarked too but trying to stay out of it too much to avoid spoilers. Thanks for the help.

11 Likes

Anytime. Feel free to message me as well.

8 Likes

Hey y’all,

I’m Avialae, Avi for short. I go by other names as well but those can be earned in time. I came across this forum via the welcoming instagram account for Ackerly Green. It’s taken me a couple of months to sit down and log in but here I am. I like writing stories as much as I like to read them, and am curious what I can learn here.
I was grouped with the Thornmouth guild when I took my assessment.

9 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild ! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as writing, currently reading, and hobbies!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

4 Likes

Hey All. I’m XrXiia! Just recently saw this and thought I’d give it a shot. Still intrigued about how everything works! I was sorted into FlinterForge. I love to read, game, and explore the outdoors.

11 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @XrXiia! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. Since it’s been a while I’ll give you the whole rundown to get you back into it.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, video games, and adventures!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Flinterforged. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

5 Likes

Thank You! I appreciate it

7 Likes

Hello everyone. I’m Frost.

I came across an ad for TMP1 several weeks ago and read it over a weekend. I’ve just finished TMP2 and signed up here. I’ve read both the forum primer & rules and am getting caught up on the rest of the story. The magiq assessment guide placed me in Weatherwatch.

I’m a gamer and occasional role player, and look forward to meeting all of you.

15 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Frost! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as book recommendations, hobbies, video games, and D&D!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Weatherwatcher. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

6 Likes

WEATHERWATCH REPRESENT!!! Quick lads and lasses!!! I want 8 barrels of our finest jingleberry wine brought up on deck! @Sapphire I want tables and food here YESTERDAY!!! @Remus gather all the watchers you can find!!! We have a new guildmate to welcome!!!

12 Likes

On behalf of all of Weatherwatch welcome @Frost I’m one of your guild leaders (everyone just calls me Sky) you’re more than welcome to PM or “@“ me anytime you have any questions or need help with anything! I’ve been a bit quiet on the forums lately cause of life but my notifications are always turned on so I’ll always be around to help out :grin:

@Remus is another Weatherwatch guild leader and is honestly one of the most amazing people to ask if you have any questions about the lore of the world! Don’t be afraid to reach out to either one of us if you have any questions or even just want a chat :grin:

:weatherwatch:

9 Likes

Hello everyone!

I’m Wyvern, I guess kind of obviously, and I was sorted into Flinterforge, which feels fairly appropriate. I’m currently a college student so I’m pretty busy, and I’m studying psychology, anthropology, and history, but my career interests lie in zookeeping and animal science. I actually worked as a zookeeper last summer and became, legitimately, best friends with an owl. I read a lot, mostly science fiction and, predictably, fantasy. I also actually have a cat named Nimueh which I understand is also the name of a guild leader, which I think is fun. I play flute and I do pit orchestra here at school about every semester. I’ve loved magic since my earliest memories and I was always that kid who thought if I tried hard enough I’d finally get to experience it. I guess now I kind of have so I’m really excited.

16 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Wyvern! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as your work, hobbies, and pets!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Flinterforged. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

6 Likes

Hiya my name is Chelly… Well actually it’s Me/Chall but by now everybody just called me Chelly… Or even “hey u yes u u over there u” and I smile even with that greeting will do… I’m 40ish??? I’m a Ma to 10 beautiful almost grow children and two grands and one one the way (the rainbow baby)… Oh speaking of rainbow baby… I’m color blind… Geez that seemed to come from outta nowhere… Blah blah 32 years ago I was shot in the right eye with a Red Ryder BB gun AT FREAKING CHRISTMAS TIME AT THAT… :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: I have to admit that I’m Loosy Goosy as my meds haven’t yet kicked in… Stirring over the whole forum and OMG GOOD GRAVY WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTERESTED IN NOW??? I was minding my own business way on May 19, of 2019 and my ADHD was kicking me big time and as normal I come in and plop on the couch and get online to catch up on the latest hip hop gossip and the fakes online… I wasn’t paying much attention to my typing as I Googled “magick” but by mistake “magiq” and “Bernstein” pops up on my screen… I chuckled as I said aloud “like the Bernstein Bears???” But I lingered on the page for a few to many seconds too long and it caught my interest… WHAAAAA GET OUTTA DODGE WHATS THIS SORCERY… With my chin in my hand I wonder into the world of CJ Bernstein and his The Monarch Papers… I was hooked and I knew I was in trouble…
Long story short I invested the best of three days immersion blender of the forum and the new information I was no lie there sitting on my couch for three days straight engulf and completely in over my head lost with the Magiqverse and those who inhabit there… A knock on my door and "OMG my life was on pause for THREE DAYS STRAIGHT… I had lost track of time and how could I do something like this where did I go what happened did I die or alive IN ANOTHER UNIVERSE YASSSS OF COURSE in between the In-world and Out-worlds and everything in between… I had to actually get off my lazy bum to answer the front door to only be greeted by my groom’s (OTR driver with USX) loving but tired face…:green_heart::yellow_heart::purple_heart: HE’S HOME YAYS let’s go snuggles for the next two days uninterrupted it was then all that I had encountered just left me but not completely… I had read up to chapter three of The Monarch Papers and just left everything like I hadn’t ever discovered it… Or so I thought…
secretly The pages leaked into my consciousness every so often but I suffer from severe ADHD ASA it come into my In-world so it slipped into my Out-worlds 🙅🙅🙅
As our lives changed like in a split second 90° I’m seeing myself go through and sitting in the passengers seat next to my groom on his normal duty time I was swept away from the “having to deal with actual people” phase of my life and into a life I truly wasn’t prepared for… An OTR driver for USX who was now being bossed around by my groom (in loving but stern moreso as he became my boss over night)
There u see there I go again… I lost track of time and I was loosing my memory of my footsteps I just took 20 secs ago… What’s wrong with me… I go OTR right on into a full blown depression I like to call The Lovely Depression as I was constant with my situation at that time but totally out of my heart (we had to board our sweet sweet VJ while we were out OTR) I lost myself again and I knew there was no coming back then… As he worked so patiently with me and my driving skills… I became the person I promised myself I would never become again… As he worked to get our handsome orange tabby reunited with us and I slowly… No I really fell into depression almost over night… It scared me and apparently him to seeing how much I missed our child VJ and couldn’t stand the separation from him… USX granted permission for VJ to become a member of the rider program #truckingkitty #kittydiaries on FB and Insta :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: shout-out but doing so in a quiet manner :notes::notes::notes: reunited and it feels so good​:notes::notes::notes: just as quickly as I slipped into The Lovely Depression did I come out of it… I have my child I have my man and I couldn’t be happier… Til we had to go North and the altitude saying quietly as to not wake the monster named Altitude stricken me to the core… That’s another story in itself :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
My mind kept wondering off into this fantasy land of mystery and wonder that I found myself Googling The Magiqverse again I haven’t ever been this obsessed over anything in life LIKE EVER :sob::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I drove head first into this magically mystical mind of the brilliant CJ Bernstein… I can’t put this down I have continued to loose track of time and experiences of memory loss as I have gotten to know the forum so well I have decided to stay there… I like it there… It’s like hey there are like my people yo… I think imma finally find a place I can call my “interwebs home” so to speak… I must learn how to keep myself in check with the reality of my surroundings just enough to get by til I’m completely satisfied… Hints to that will be a very long time maybe more than two years I predict as I see others have mentioned they are still lost and being members of this “secret society” gang… Ok Pam u can calm down now… NOT REALLY IM SUPER STOKED TO BE HERE…
BRING IT IN FOR A BIG OLE HUG FAM… I am a proud member of the Ebenguard… Or if I were to speak politically correct Marentide with the affinity Pendulancy…
Good day mates I can’t wait to drive in again now that I’ve done my fantabulous intro… It’s nice to meet yous guys as I graduate up the ladder of knowing all things
:green_heart::yellow_heart::purple_heart:
Chelly or Chell whatever u are happy calling me
Username: mcctheone

13 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @mcctheone! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, hobbies, and pets!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be an Ebenguardian. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

8 Likes

I’m glad you decided to dive down the rabbit hole with us!

7 Likes

Thanx a millie for the warm welcome mountaineer mate​:green_heart::yellow_heart::purple_heart:

6 Likes

Thanx a millie for the warm and very informational welcome mountaineer mate :green_heart::yellow_heart::purple_heart:

6 Likes

Hello everybody!

I’m new here and excited to get started. I’m Shrike, a name I chose in homage to my favorite science fiction novel (meaningless internet points to anybody who knows the reference). I actually went through The Guide about 8 months ago but didn’t take the next step until just now. Before joining the forum today I went back through The Guide and both times I’ve done so I’ve been a Thornmouth. So I suppose that’s accurate!

In the physical world I’m a veterinarian by day and . . . also by night lately. When I actually have free time I love reading (of course) and board games. I’m looking forward to becoming more familiar with this universe!

14 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Shrike! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as your work, currently reading, and tabletop games!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be an Ebenguardian. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

8 Likes