Brandon Lachmann: The Fourth Fragment: General

yikes! i missed so much while i was sick :sweat:

4 Likes

Hope youā€™re feeling better @luxisdead !

2 Likes

Posting this here as well -

The fourth and final beacon has been activated.
The new countdown has begun.
Follow the beaconā€™s lights to locate the travelerā€™s disc.
The disc led us to new materials.
We are ahead.
We will share the materials only if you find the disc.
The Timeline must be kept at all costs.

The Devoted - 102986

4 Likes

Yes! Good job Willow

4 Likes

Nicely done everyone!! I am posting an updated map below with all four beacons on it. The e-mail says to follow the beaconā€™s lights, so maybe this will help

2 Likes

Here it is. Almost looks like an arrow pointing somewhere.

3 Likes

New files have been added:

I believe the rest are audio files but someone else should check just in case I missed something.

EDIT: and a second countdown has begun. We have just under five days.

4 Likes

Looks like the circles on the map you posted @Mike are the beacon locations, and they seem to fit the map I just posted. I can go through the audio files and transcribe again.

4 Likes

I think youā€™re right about that being an arrow pointing to something. Should help us narrow down the disc location.

2 Likes

With King Rabbitā€™s ā€œX Marks The Spotā€ puzzle, four spaces intersected at Trinity Church which was the solution for the Richard Churcher. puzzleā€¦ ( doesnā€™t that seem like ages ago?) I figured it was worth a shot to try again, soā€¦

It doesnā€™t intersect anywhere directly but itā€™s a few meters from ā€œThe Triplets Bridgeā€ in Central Park.

6 Likes

@AlisonB, Iā€™m going to move this to the General topic because thatā€™s where the conversation has moved. Iā€™m marking the fourth beacon as solved.

3 Likes

I think youā€™re on to something @AlisonB. Triplets Bridge, a three-headed troll, seems like a pretty important coincidence.

7 Likes

These puzzles are looking more and more connected the deeper we go.

EDIT: TRInity Church. TRIplets Bridge.

EDIT EDIT: 33! Have I gone mad?

7 Likes

Nope. I think this is all intentional.

And I went ahead and followed your lead with the game map and marked lines between the beacons:

Do we know what that part of the map is?

2 Likes

Itā€™s an open field in front of the Museum of natural history, Nothing there Iā€™ve been able to find, except a bridge.

The 77th street stone arch.

2 Likes

So the Audio Files are older. One (From the 16th) was transcribed by @Endri a couple days ago. It says:

October 19th 1986

This is working. I knew it would. I can feel it. I knew if I found the right things, the right order, I could make it work. Itā€™s just like Forest of Darkening Glass. I found the path in the book and it unlocked something in my head. I wish I knew who left it there. Now I gotta make my own lock. My own door. The game, the story, the riddle and then the questions. Three trials that unlock the last door.

It has to be complicated. It has to have moving parts. Thatā€™s how you do it. Thatā€™s how you make magic. Itā€™s words. Itā€™s ideas. Itā€™s all around us. What we think is everyday stuff holds power. You just have to decide how it works, then believe it. You have to put ideas in the space between things, and then those ideas connect everything. Thatā€™s what magic is. There is no empty space.

Itā€™s time to move on to the second trial. The story. The one I remember like it was real. Itā€™s just a maze, but you canā€™t trust your eyes. You have to listen. Thatā€™s the key.

Iā€™ll worry about the final riddle later. Maybe something scary. I donā€™t knowā€¦

I know I sound crazy. I canā€™t tell anyone. Not now. But Iā€™m gonna leave this all behind so other people can find me. Leave a trail to the truth. Itā€™s not fair to keep it all to myself. But right now, I have to do it on my own.

The other (from the 18th), which I transcribed yesterday, says:

October 22, 1986

I was in the park today working on the game and that was the spot where it all startedā€¦ a year ago, out on the Great Lawn. I left school early, was reading, writingā€¦ three older kids came up to me wearing masks, it was almost Halloweā€™en. One of them kicked my notebook out of my hands and another one took my copy of Forest, the only one I could ever find. I stood up to them. I tried to get it and they beat me up, bad. I can remember lying in the grass watching all my notebook pages fly all over the park, stuck to statues, under benches, in the woods. One of those kids kicked me in the head over and over. Mom and Dad found me late that night, still no book, looking for my pages. I didnā€™t even know I was bleeding. After that, everything changed. I could see things, hear things, feel things. I heard Mom and Dad whispering, a couple months ago, in the kitchen that maybe something happened to my brain when they beat me up because thatā€™s when everything started. I donā€™t know if it was the bullies but something definitely changed that day.

It is interesting in the first audio file he says ā€œYou canā€™t trust your eyes. You need to listen.ā€ and audio files were given to us. And still havenā€™t been removed from index yet. That just seems interesting to me.

3 Likes

Not to mention the literary troll/bridge connection?

5 Likes

Soā€¦did we solve the next step? The task was ā€˜follow the beaconā€™s light to find the discā€™. Is the disc in Trinity Bridge? Or do we have to find something else? Iā€™m not seeing a step past the bridge.

I agree though, Trinity, Triplets, 3:33 itā€™s all too lined up to be mere coincidence.

2 Likes

I isolated the sound as much as I could. It sounds like a wooden block and it knocks every 4-5 seconds (itā€™s hard for me to get the exact timing down). But itā€™s constant and always at that 4-5 second interval. Not sure how this helps us though.

4 Likes

If itā€™s a regular knocking it could just be poor quality cassette tape - sometimes tape on a spool will produce background noise and low grade ā€˜bumpsā€™

4 Likes