Brandon Lachmann: The Fourth Fragment: General

That map on Brandons world page looks promising. Great fInd here!

5 Likes

I don’t know if anyone has made a map of all the nyc locations we’ve heard about so far, but I’m going to make one, just for my own clarity. There’s a reason a ten year old boy went into that abandoned subway station, and Sullivan left his comfortable brownstone the stay in the Ramble.

6 Likes

Also a note, if D&D is involved, V can be of help.
I’m going through those links now that I’m home and will be back in a moment

Edit: There area few words that are out of place in this blog. Like they could be typos but it doesn’t seem likely.
I’m gonna make a note of words that dont seem to fit inside the posts they were made in.

3 Likes

Well it does say in one of the posts that he “wrote a plan that would allow him to escape this reality”. Given the bleeding over that seems to have happened with KR just up and disapearing when he attacked DG and traveler’s comments degrading and disapearing, Maybe he was half successful in doing that, maybe his mind made the journey but his body didn’t and since that was the case, he would always be “traveling” in the space between realities. This is just me stretching things though

EDIT: I just had a look at the paper scraps after reading the blog by brandons parents, and the handwiting in brandons artwork looks really similar to the handwitten comments on the paper scraps. it could be just artistic but i wanted to make note of it. Ill add pictures comparing them soon

EDIT 2: The comparison

4 Likes

Theres some words removed here and some weird spaces also some strange ghost text

Skully and i Think theres something to the hidden subway line (that linked to this) that brandon died just outside of. Weird thing he drowned in a few inches of water basically a puddle,

My tinfoil hat sense says brandon astral projected down there somehow and Drowned while afk from his body. The hidden subway line was supposedly part of his plan or maybe just his ritual. Maybe it just requires something hidden or maybe it requires this place in particular.

2 Likes

I put the newspaper image from the Lachmann’s beside the one from KR. There are a lot of differences to make note of. The biggest one is that there is a year difference in when Brandon’s body was reported found. The title of the article and the reporter’s name are different. The text itself is the same until the last paragraph where the “he” from KR was changed to “Brandon” in the family’s copy. The KR copy also drops the phrase “I know that.” from the parent’s statement.

7 Likes

I never would have thought to compare the two newspaper clippings. Brilliant!

Differences like this led to finding the first fragment.

2 Likes

In light of the comparison of the two newspaper clippings, the clue from the BoB could refer to use having to use prior techniques we used in the three previous fragments to progress with this clue, as well as looking at all the added information that was given throughout the three fragments that we haven’t used yet.

Just a thought.

3 Likes

V and I were thinking something similar. There’s just too many loose threads to be irrelevant

2 Likes

That’s a brilliant find to notice the articles are different! Interesting, so if the articles are different…maybe the backwords ‘nonsenese’ words on the flip side are different too? Maybe these we can actually get a meaning out of now?

Edit: Here are all the changes I see.

Date: 2/7/87 → 2/7/86

Byline: “By Martin Rank” → “”

Headline: “Body of missing” → “missing manhattan”

KR Paragraph 2, line 2: “say” → “admit”

KR Paragraph 2, line 6: “he” → “Brandon”

KR paragraph 2, line 9: “” → “just”

KR paragraph 2, line 13 “” → “and distracted”

KR paragraph 2, line 14 “” → “I know that.”

Addendum 1: Edit 2:

Susan pretty clearly states "Things changed in the Spring of ’86. The first thing we noticed were his grades. Then we started getting calls from the school that he was skipping. "

That gives us a timeline…which totally contradicts the news article she posted on the very same page which says he was dead BEFORE the Spring of '86.

Oddly enough KR’s version matchs her timeline better than the one she posted.

6 Likes

Good catches.
It’s almost like she’s telling a timeline of one continum while posting the article from a different?

3 Likes

Well here’s one difference we can use as an anchor point I think.

Both articles claim to be on Friday, Feb 7th. One in 1986, one in 1987.

Only Feb, 7th 1986 was a Friday using the calendar of ‘our world’. Feb 7th, 1987 was a Saturday.

Going by that the SL version is the one that describes what happens in ‘our world’. KR’s would be the version for the other world. That makes sense because KR’s other backgrounds were from the other world as well.

The big question is what you mention @Skullvine. Why is what she is saying different?

We’ve established that seeing the ‘other world’ runs in families. Sullivan probably could, and now Deirdre can. Maybe Brandon’s mother can also? We’ll have to watch her.

5 Likes

We should also be aware that this blog will most likely disappear on October 29th. Susan Lachman said:

“This year, on the 29th of October, the last time he left home, we will put the ghosts of our past to rest while forever keeping Brandon alive in our hearts.”

And since it seems we’re on another ticking clock, this leads me to believe that all this info will be gone by then. And as we’ve already learned on several occasions, things have a tendency to disappear.

So, you know, no pressure or anything.

5 Likes

Susan does keep bringing up the ‘forest of glass’ as she speaks. It could be she is using it as a literary device, but when she mentions it directly it seems more like a physical thing for her. She hints at things but it seems like she had a very hard time after her son left. Hard enough she sought out professional therapy and knitted together a very strong support network. This is all conjecture on my part, but I think she may have actually seen the forest and sought help for what she believed were delusions. I think it would be highly possible Brandon inherited his vision from her. And so it’s very possible she remembers the correct timeline of events.

If we ever get into contact with her, maybe someone should ask about the conflicting dates.

3 Likes

It appears that Susan Lachman’s article is now the same as KR’s. I have no idea what this means. Is her reality aligning with his? Thank goodness @deedust caught a screengrab of SL’s original article.

5 Likes

Asking her about the dates then might be pointless. We looked for a series called the Unbound Adventures, but looking back on the text, Susan doesn’t seem entirely sure that’s the title of the works. I’m not finding anything close to that name yet though. Also didn’t find anything about the reporter.

2 Likes

My money says the time line anomalies are on a clock. The time lines seek to remove anomalies. We should post and get doubles of everything from now on.

4 Likes

Well I don’t know what to think anymore with the article changing to the KR version. At least now she’s internally consistent, I suppose.

I will say I don’t believe October 29th is the end of this site. I don’t think ‘putting the ghosts to rest’ means shutting down the site. People say things like that when they build a proper memorial to someone or something.

I think she’s going to put up a memorial to her son on the site on that date which will probably start to give us what we need. A proper memorial to her son would be to create a world based on his notes and art. Maybe her mother found a way to replicate his plan to leave this world and is going to bring something from there here, maybe that’s why she’s seeing KR’s world now.

Of course, I’ve been wrong before. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I don’t know if this is just my computer, or if it has been stated elsewhere, but have you guys seen the hyperlinked words on Forest of Darkening Glass? The links take you to a webpage that all it says is “Are you Devoted?”.

Haven’t looked into it much more than that as I am at work, but I plan to soon. Let me know if you guys are also seeing this.

4 Likes

Those words weren’t links before.
http://forestofdarkeningglass.com/rudvtd102986/
I’m saving the pages as they are right now.
So who might be doing this? An old friend or a new one? The book, maybe?

4 Likes