Book Shop News

Immediately put to use !

10 Likes

I have managed to (hopefully) secure a stock of jars from overseas that should be here in a couple of months, just before I run out, but in my research, I also found these:

And I’m kiiiiind of in love. They’re very apothecary/alchemy/regeant feeling. A little pricier than my current jars, but not crazy…

Does anyone have thoughts on slightly taller candles/cork lids?

Also? They come in black, which could be v. useful for future surprises. :cjtea:

EDIT: And they’re made of recycled glass!

11 Likes

I like that they’re recycled! And I can definitely imagine some really good alchemy vibes for… AG Alchemy.

8 Likes

Whatever you do, don’t read my mind and see that I’m thinking about bath salts …

9 Likes

:cjtea:

6 Likes

I think a pin of the hippocampus on the keychain would be beautiful! I love the turquoise with the shimmer of the gold around it! Every time I see it hanging from my book I just get hypnotized for a few seconds.

7 Likes

So, is anyone waiting for a Cole candle? I hadn’t been, but the idea popped into my mind when I just saw the Instagram post for Marty and Deirdre.

7 Likes

I bet Cole smells good.

I’m thinking I’ll ask Mounties to submit nominations/suggestions for the next series of Chapter candles.

But the next round might not be characters. :cjtea:

8 Likes

Guild candles???

9 Likes

Hot damn, an Ebbie candle would be nice. Ocean (duh) and stone (they have a smell, but I have no idea how to create it), with a hint of fir (the Oreiads were the nymphs of mountain conifers).

You’re welcome @CJB :smiley:

12 Likes

Finally got my TBS coin and oh my WORD I love it! The dark black of the briars makes the really pop out, and the weight is perfect.

11 Likes

I’m glad it made it to you safe and sound! I keep mine by my key board because the size and weight make it fun to fidget with.

6 Likes

Out of curiosity have all the coins been posted?

5 Likes

I do too, I keep it right in front of my keyboard so I can stare at it and fidget with it while I’m waiting for something.

2 Likes

They have! If you have an annual membership you just have to go through the checkout process to get it. You should see the Relic is free for you if you’re signed in at the shop!

5 Likes

Awesome, I really should have checked that sooner!

3 Likes

I know I’ve said this before, but I’m so excited to slowly build a collection of TBS relics.

9 Likes

:spiritseergimme:

6 Likes

Have you had any troublesome candles that just don’t want to stay lit? My Imbolc candle only seems to stay lit for a few minutes before it burns itself out. I can’t tell if maybe the wick length isn’t right or it got some wax splashed on it.

2 Likes

Oh I had the same problem, so I used my torch lighter and just torched it for a minute or two and then it stayed lit after that.

3 Likes