Book Shop News

Ahhhhhhhh :cjheart:

7 Likes

I’m so torn about my Hermie sticker - laptop or RocketBook?!

10 Likes

I’m going to put Hermie on my moleskine that I’m keeping TBS notes in, but I also appreciate a good laptop sticker!

Yesterday I ordered four of the AG candles to place around the house because I was worried about their continued availability. (I got all except for Deirdre because I’m sometimes suspicious of florals and I was concerned that it would be hard to find packaging for five candles. It was a tough decision, though, because I love all of the Deirdre base notes–cedar, amber, and musk. I may need to order it later…)

10 Likes

I saw your order, and I’m shipping it out today! Thank you so much!

Florals aren’t usually my thing either. I prefer greener less blossomy notes when it comes to botanical candles, but I wanted to offer options for everyone. Deirdre is very rose/floral forward when cold in the jar, but gets a lot more nuanced when lit.

I’m going to start turning the extra wax I always have into little testers and will throw some into orders in the future!

12 Likes

Just got my Martin candle and I really like it. It really does remind my of an old bookstore which is awesome.

7 Likes

Candles are here! Candles are here!

Conversation with Spouse, a candleholic
-insert much sniffing of candles here-
H: Author-designed and crafted! He really did a great job, didn’t he?
S: Oh wow! Very impressed!

12 Likes

:cjheart: oh wow, that makes me SO happy! Thank you so much for sharing your pics, your thoughts, and your unboxing!

Also, hi kitty!

11 Likes

Pro-tip: Imbolc + open windows on an early spring day = your home will smell like a meadowland adventure. Something about the cool air just really lifts it!

10 Likes

Don’t freak out or anything, but both The Briar Society: Chapter One adaptation AND the
Neithernor RPG Alpha Handbook are out today!

If you’re into RPGs, or you’re interested in finding out what happened in last year’s Briar Society narrative and how it all connected to The Book of Briars release on the forum (even members who experienced it might find something new), go check them out. :cjheart:

The Briar Society: Chapter One is also the first book we’ve done that includes photos and images for the puzzles, including the work that members created to solve them!

Finally, just look at these covers:

11 Likes

Those covers :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

That “N” especially is just…heavy. Like, you could pick up the N and throw it at someone.

10 Likes

I want a 3D printer just to make one to throw.

10 Likes

Wheel of the Year candle news!

This is the last week to grab your Imbolc candles or melts before they’re retired to make way for Beltane next Monday!

Beltane goes on sale Monday morning (2021-04-12T15:00:00Z) and the first shipment will go out priority on Friday the 16th (2021-04-17T00:00:00Z) to ensure it makes it to you in time for May 1st!

Here’s a sneak peek of Beltane’s scent profile?

Top: Green Floral, Green Leaves, Ozone
Middle: Fig, Jasmine
Base: Light Musk, Wood, Moss

:candle: :cjheart: :candle:

Also, if you didn’t know, I’ve lowered candle shipping rates, making them a flat rate by country, and also the cost goes down the more candles you pick up in one purchase.

8 Likes

I just used up the last of my scented candles so… :eyes:

8 Likes

It’s almost like… I knew. :cjtea:

9 Likes

Just put the new wick in my Martin candle and it’s now burning fabulously, thank you so much!

5 Likes

Hey all! The second Wheel of the Year candle is now live in the shop and the first batch will be going out this week! I also have a handful of Imbolc candles left if you want to save on shipping by buying more than one candle!

Beltane is the perfect mix of spring and summer. When you take the lid, the scent is immediately fresh, green, and sweetened with juicy, figgy notes. When lit, it also gives off a warming, earthy undertone that smells like sun-warmed earth. I’ve been burning it in my office all week and everyone in my house loves it!

Theme: Summer Born in Spring

Head: Geranium, Spring Leaves, Ozone
Heart: Fig, Jasmine, Saffron
Soil: Light Musk, Wood, Moss

“Spring gives way to summer spirits, bonfire, bloom, and birth.
Painted petals, ripened fruit, the glory of the earth.”

9 Likes

Oh I had totally meant last week to ask if there’d be an overlap where both were available and then it slipped my mind :joy: that’s perfect!

8 Likes

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but is there a planned date when BoB physical copies are expected to be sent out? No rush, I’m just curious.

7 Likes

I’m just waiting on the final proof copy to be printed and sent to me from my printer so I can check it myself before I fulfill all the orders.

9 Likes