3. The Search for Magiq: Cataclysm

I encourage others to try, but I cast an encanterance an hour ago thinking the same thing you’re all thinking. No bell rang. No courier came.

We can’t have lost Neithernor. We can’t.
If it’s this wall, the cataclysm is the priority then. Right?

15 Likes

Sorry, I should be the calm voice of reason, but I’m freaking out.

12 Likes

I feel like this was the last of the Neithercouriers. I mean we talked about this type of communication not lasting forever, so it’s expected but… it makes me really sad. They were strange but cute.

But…not only the Neithercouriers but Neithernor itself?

This is starting to scare me. Now, not only are we being walled out from the others, but if we’re even starting to lose magiq… It feels like the walls are shrinking. We’re running out of time. Let’s just hope this cataclysm spell works.

20 Likes

I think at this point it’s weird to not want to freak out a bit :cagsko:

13 Likes

Well, we have a direction, if it doesn’t work then I think we’re out of outside options. It looks like it’s all on us now, Mounties.

11 Likes

I’m adding the latest message from the Searchers here, just so we can continue the discussion.

9 Likes

Another instance where whoever is responding from the sanctuary changes from “we” to “I”.

18 Likes

:tinfoilhat: I’m just about to pass out, but before I do let me secure my tinfoil hat for a second to bring up a theory that just snapped into my mind:

You guys remember the protection we put on the forums? What if it’s working too well, and if it is, then what if we get yet more feedback than we’re already likely to get from trying to disrupt it?

7 Likes

Ok, this is a super weird question but like…do you think we know this person? Or they know us? They did say they were once a Mountaineer. Or…maybe they’re just exceptionally nice and our correspondences were enough to make them determined to help us. I dunno, it’s too bad we’re cut off from contacting them. It’d be nice to know more about who they are.

16 Likes

This again makes me think that it’s a fallen Mounty from our past

9 Likes

You mean from the 1990s? :brandonthinking: It’s possible, we don’t really know what happened to them years after the Storm hit.

I dunno if it’d be one of us though. Unless by fallen you mean they quit. There is only one Mountaineer who…fell…during our time here… :eavessweat:

12 Likes

The thought that it could be a '94… That someone else survived the Storm.

15 Likes

So…it sounds like Port and Alison are on their way to the Searchers/the sanctuary/something…but where did Aether go???

14 Likes

That was my thinking @Revenir and @Saberlane, I highly doubt it’s Itsuki (Though with the knowledge of ghosts I guess anything is possible). If it is one of the 94 that’s still around then it must have been someone really powerful to hide from the storm and keep their memories

13 Likes

Doing something insane trying to help out, no doubt.

16 Likes

Oh my gosh @Robert, that was magical. Starting things off with a bang!

12 Likes

I know it’ll be hard to follow that one, but I’m ready to contribute mine tomorrow (unless someone else would prefer?).

I even found my fancy picture of it! (read: my print from photography class over 13 years ago)

…did we ever decide how close to 24 hours apart we feel we need to post these?

11 Likes

Here we go kids, I dunno about y’all but I’m feeling the magiq already after @Robert ‘s cast. Let’s do this fam :facepunch::sparkles:

10 Likes

Maybe we should go by Herman Standard Time? If it’s a new calendar day by HST then it should be good. I don’t think it has to be by the hour.

11 Likes

The chronocompass kinda starts at dawn. So after the next dawn should be fine, Herman Standard Time.

Edit: @Revenir said it better.

10 Likes