2. The Search For Magiq: The Neithercouriers

Not sure. What if several of us do it and we get several couriers? :confused: Might not hurt for you try to alone today and see if it works?

11 Likes

Okay, I’ll prepare myself mentally and then do it in a few moments.

Edit:
I’ll post it here as well, and then say it aloud:
“Don’t find this bell toll a worrier,
We’re ringing for the bespoke courier.”

13 Likes

Did anything happen?

9 Likes

Um.

7 Likes

Well, something happened…

An angry salamander took my letter?! And he slurped down the Noodlers ink @Deyavi got me as payment!!!

15 Likes

I’m sorry, we’re going to have to start over. A salamander drank your ink and took the letter?

15 Likes

Precisely! A salamander in a suit!

…Okay I sound ridiculous but it’s true. It was like…Mr. Wideawake except he was really terse and didn’t talk.

16 Likes

Also, I think he was a bit salty I didn’t have payment. Maybe I should have put stamps on it? He also seemed a bit confused about the address.

13 Likes

I don’t know why I’m surprised by any of this, but here we are. So now we… wait for the salamander in the suit to deliver a response?

14 Likes

I…assume so? Or some other bipedal animal person.

12 Likes

#justmagiqthings

14 Likes

A salamander…in a suit…well that’s probably the strangest thing I’ve heard in a long time. Did Mr Salamander have a name? Also is like a cute salamander or some horrify five foot odd human melded with a salamander like Mr wideawake? Because if so I’m gonna be having nightmares tonight! :grimacing:

11 Likes

He did not talk, so I have no idea. He was big like Mr. Wideawake. Just casually chilling on my couch in the other room. Like a person…but not.

12 Likes

Huh. I always assumed Mr. Wideawake appeared that way because they were in Neithernor and magiq is easier there.

I wonder how the courier pulled that off? I just realized i am assuming it was a human in disguise and not a real 5+ foot Salamander. Silly me.

Btw we are not talking about the fire salamander version are we?

14 Likes

Well, what can I say but SALAMANDER?! I mean, I was expecting magiq stuff, but a ticked off salamander was probably at the bottom of my list, lol. And how were we supposed to know about payment? What would you pay a salamander? Gold or silver coins? A magiq item? Fish?

13 Likes

Good question @Nimueh. I asked google.

Typical Adult Salamander Diet: Adult Salamanders are extremely carnivorous , eating
almost anything that moves. They’ll readily eat maggots, mysis, springtails, buffalo worms, fruit-flies, or crickets.

Now, if you factor in the difference in size and how many calories it would need…

Um, @Revenir , have you seen all your cats lately?

15 Likes

OMG Robert NO :laurenangry: :laurencry:

My cats are fine and I am fine. But now somewhat traumatized at this thought lol.

Magimystical salamanders, I assume, are more civilized than that. Otherwise they couldn’t get much business, right?

12 Likes

I mean, he was in a suit.

15 Likes

Was it a bespoke suit? If so, it would sort of line up with the poem, I guess.
Ngl I had to read this conversation several times to make sure that you meant what you wrote. So do we just wait for Mr Salamander to bring us a reply? How will we know if our letter gets “lost in transit”? Can he deliver it to the right place?

12 Likes

I still think mr wideawake was the best courier so far, but a 5 foot tall sentient salamander is quite near to my favourite person we’ve met so far. Leave a package of frozen turkey breast for me next time you see him?

8 Likes