2. The Search For Magiq: The Neithercouriers

I don’t think they make suits like those off the rack. :joy: It was also a three piece suit, pretty nice.

I think we definitely need to frame our animal understandings to fit the Book of the Wild. I mean animal people seemingly fought in the War of Neithernor, based on what Deirdre found. I think they are probably like people. This one was a little rude and not very patient with a new customer, but I’ve definitely dealt with customer service folk like that before.

15 Likes

I wonder where they’ve all gone. Are they extinct? what races exist based on what animals? Are we going to see fox people, or bushbaby people? where does nature draw the line?

9 Likes

@Revenir

Great work with the letter. What an adventure. This is all getting a bit Lewis Carrol. Was he one of ours?

Salamander in a suit. Nice.
We may need to think about postage payments for future attempts. Do we have an exchange rate?

15 Likes

I mean it sounds like he accepted the bottle of ink from Revenir as full payment as far as we’re aware. Maybe there’s a specific currency intended for couriers, or maybe you just have to provide something that’s deemed of enough value.

15 Likes

Maybe the payment is some sort of gift to the courier. Something of meaning?

9 Likes

A traveller coin?

No, but rev already offered one up… hmm.

7 Likes

Well the coin was in the package, maybe it didn’t see that as intended payment.

10 Likes

He did take some spare change. So they either have some conception of mundane money, or they just like shinies. The traveller’s coin I sent was inside the envelope and not intended as payment, though. So…maybe you could use it?

16 Likes

perhaps. never know with this stuff. Hell, maybe write a letter to a courier, addressed to them, asking what payment they accept? XD

8 Likes

Ooh. Question: how did he leave? You never mentioned that.

6 Likes

He kinda vanished. Snapped his fingers, then a heard a door open and close. Turned my head after I heard the sound and he was gone when I looked back.

13 Likes

Soooo, does that mean he can summon doors to… somewhere? is neithernor not the only place you can knock to?

6 Likes

Or maybe they have a special place in neithernor where they live. Also @Revenir, did you hear him actually knock, or did he just open the door?

11 Likes

I didn’t physically see him do anything, or see any new doors in my house. Just heard a door opening and closing somewhere and he was gone.

11 Likes

Weird

6 Likes

You know, when I started reading book one of TMP I definitely didn’t think I would be theorizing about salamander people after having finished the books.

16 Likes

Is it weird that I’m less concerned about the salamander now than I am the accuracy of the address? I have been spoiled by modern comforts, where I can just text someone “Did you get it?” or track it online. :joy:

16 Likes

Honestly, I think that’s actually a fair concern. I mean, we know that there are malevolent entities out there, and I shudder to think what would happen if they got our message instead.

14 Likes

You said the courier seemed confused by the address, but he did take it so he must know where it’s meant to go?

10 Likes

I hope so. It’s just like… in the mundane world, the postal service will still take your mail as long as it’s formatted properly, then you get the mail back after several weeks with an error message. Or sometimes mail can get lost or damaged in transit. Are there any such risks with Neithercouriers? I am, admittedly, a worrier by nature.

14 Likes