2. The Search For Magiq: The Neithercouriers

From this, a message that might work…

For Marty:

and for Lauren:

I think either is a good try. Lauren has more magimystical power and knowledge, but Marty has major connections and the motivation to want to help us.

14 Likes

Holy crap. Marty or Lauren. Does this make anyone else super anxious?

12 Likes

Damn right it does.

6 Likes

I think it might be good just to do a poll:

• Lauren Ellsworth
  • Martin Rank
  • Try Both Options
  • Someone Else

0 voters

5 Likes

The saving grace here is that they know each other, and presumably how to get in touch with one another in a pinch; if one doesn’t think they can help us, maybe they’ll reach out to the other on our behalf? Maybe we should hedge our bets and include something suggesting that in each of their respective letters?

9 Likes

I’ll even recommend a verse for Lauren,

Neither here nor there; we have a great need.
A courier through the veils that hinder
Deliver this missive to the Cagliostro
I’ve been looking for her forever on Tinder.

…What? Too creepy?

13 Likes

Very creepy, @Robert. Very creepy.

12 Likes

Kay. forget I mentioned it then :slight_smile:

9 Likes

K.

9 Likes

cags

25 Likes

Heckkkkkkk. I’m super nervy about this.
Regardless of who we’re sending mail to, will the recipient need one of our full names to respond by courier? Or is “Mountaineers” a sufficient title? That could be a lot of people…

12 Likes

I’ve been thinking about that. I think at least part of the Neithercourier “loophole” is that the response is simply returned to us, not delivered from scratch. So far it’s always come back to the original sender like a boomerang.

10 Likes

Oh, duh. True, that has been the case this whole time. Viv clearly needs more sleep. :joy:

Also, sorry for being tetchy earlier, guys. I’m sure the searchers are doing as much as they can on their end to help deal with the veil. But if that’s the case…they might not be able contact us back if we don’t get in touch with them first? Unless whoever we try to send a message to this time can reach them and relay a response to us.

11 Likes

Depending on how soon we plan on summoning/sending this time, I can bring some paper with me to work and give it a try before the box office opens?

6 Likes

Right now, the majority is for Lauren, with 8 votes in favor, 1 vote for both, and 1 for Marty. When should we call majority rules?

I feel like the sooner the better is good because we don’t know how long this window will stay open. If we want to experiment, we should decide as quickly as possible.

9 Likes

Well, box office will make things awkward at noon Herman time (our offices face each other and my door is glass), so it would definitely be sometime tomorrow morning if it’s going to be me.

6 Likes

Forgive me if I’ve forgotten, but have we actually asked directly what we’re supposed to do in one of the letters? We might just be asking the wrong questions.

5 Likes

Not in those exact words, but the first letter was asking “What is this threat and how can we help stop it?” Subsequent responses have been them giving us suggestions on things to try and us responding as we try them. This is the first time that they haven’t given us any advice on things to try, beyond using the Neithercouriers.

9 Likes

Hey friends, I was just sent an awesome idea by @Sapphire -

Her suggestion was to write both letters, one for Marty and one for Lauren. Then we put them both in the letter for Lauren, and she can send the second one to Marty. If she’s able to successfully do so, then that would be another test of the veil.

I think this is a really good idea - how do we feel about it?

15 Likes

That sounds like a great idea!

6 Likes