2. The Search For Magiq: The Neithercouriers

We used it during the last couple phases of our Woolie interactions.

We would definitely have to be okay with the creepy spoops coming after whomever decided to try it again…

7 Likes

If we must, we must, but remember the story that came with it? The coven used the spell too much and then became those… things. Besides, we don’t know if spells we cast can go beyond the Veil.

8 Likes

Wouldn’t that just mean we should use people that haven’t participated in the spell the last time, or does it somehow affect the entire group as a whole?

6 Likes

I don’t know, but I feel like we should wait for @Saberlane to get back to us about Marty before we try anything.

11 Likes

I’m wondering if we could somehow get a Mountiee outside of the Veil. But, I’m having Storm flashbacks just thinking about it. shivers

I wonder who put the Veil up and what it’s purpose is. Could it be protecting us, could it be blocking us off from a wider magimystical community, or could it be we fell into someone’s trap and it’s holding us until they come by to collect?

Hopefully not the last one.

5 Likes

The Living Spirit was a spell given to us by @SpiritSeer to help us get to various locations during the secret society. You can see the original post here

@Sellalellen This is true. I’ll admit, I was mostly just getting amused at the idea of being all ghosty and spooping Marty. :ghost: Like a floating pencil or something, writing a message. :deirdrexd: But you’re right, there’s no guarantee the spell would be enough to pierce the veil. Even if we wrote a message on paper, would they see it? If the Low kids were blocked from seeing forum screenshots, the same thing might happen.

12 Likes

I would also be hesitant to use that much magiq again, especially given the warning in that message. I feel like that spell’s gotta take a lot of magiqal juice

12 Likes

I remember that spell now. It definitely seemed to take a lot from the user and who knows how much from the depleting magiqal force. Hopefully we can get ahold of Marty through mundane means :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

I can try the living spirit. I was never really involved, so… perhaps im safe to try it once?

2 Likes

I would still hold off for a bit. Let’s see if we can get in contact with Marty via Sabes. I’m most concerned about the amount of magiq it would take to do the spell again…

11 Likes

Maybe there’s something we could do to create a “magiq battery” if we were to use Living Spirit again. That way it wouldn’t take a such a toll on the user.

3 Likes

Yes, we can’t do anything without knowing where we’re going, so figuring out at least one address is important.

And we should start with the simplest solution first - go and knock on Marty’s door. Give him a phone call if that is possible. (Do royalties agreements include that?)

The ideal would be if Sabes could actually catch Marty in person. What’s gonna happen if a veiled person talks to someone they’re blocked off from? Maybe he could bring some paper and a pen as well, see if he can write a note that Marty can see.

We can’t use the living spirit spell even if we wanted to, until we have a place to project to. But even when we have that… I don’t think we should use it unless we’ve exhausted every other option. Mundane options first, and we also need to make sure we do another Neithercourier summoning to the Searchers once we’ve tried those options.

11 Likes

I agree…what should we ask about next though? Re-reading this portion I have questions…

The message turned from second to first person. What is the story of this particular individual we are communicating with? How did they find the path to the sanctuary?

10 Likes

I was thinking about this last night, and about how sad but poetic it would be if Martin simply couldn’t see Saberlane, even though he was standing right in front of him. Magiq is a scary thing sometimes.

10 Likes

giphy

Ok…I’m out here posting gifs but dying inside at that possibility. :laurencry: Let’s hope and pray their control isn’t that strong.

13 Likes

Okay. I have Martin’s address. I have a couple things I have to do in the office, and then I’ll head over.

15 Likes

Eep, goodluck Sabes.

6 Likes

I’m replying from near Martin’s apartment.

I tried calling before, but no one answered, and the line sounded warbly, almost like it was under water. It could’ve been a bad connection. So I took the train up to Martin’s neighborhood.

I couldn’t find it. I mean, I believe Martin’s apartment’s there, but I literally couldn’t find it. I walked up and down the block probably a dozen times, and every time I’d find myself at the end of the block and realize that I had lost focus. Kind of like when you’re walking or driving a route you’ve taken a thousand times, and you realize your mind went on autopilot and you’re now wherever you were heading? Like that.

Except it happened every time, and every time I would tell myself I was going to focus and find his apartment. And every time random thoughts would drag my mind somewhere else and I would end up at the end of the block. I couldn’t stop it.

I looked up his address on my phone. I saw from the map what side of the street he lives on. I think I could even see his building from the end of the block. But I couldn’t get to it.

There was a busker on the corner. I offered him a lot of cash to go to Martin’s address and ring the buzzer for me, and tell him he had a friend waiting on the corner. The busker took the cash, packed up his stuff, and I watched him walk toward the apartment before I lost in him the crowd. He came back ten minutes later. He’d walked to the end of the block and back, and never found the address.

20 Likes

This sounds suspiciously like Sacha’s description of Sweeper, every time she took the bus back from Kemetic Solutions to Boston. I would bet good money that The Silver is somehow behind this.

17 Likes

That’s…worrying. But at least we’ve confirmed that we’re well and truly hidden. We can’t reach out to our friends in any way. So that clears that up. We could try to ask…whoever it is we’re courier-ing to if they would try to reach out to our friends, but if this method of communication is using as much magiq as they’re saying, is there a more effective goal we could work towards?

12 Likes